Got a question...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SCDroid, Feb 25, 2010.

1. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been running DroidMod 1.0 with smoked glass and OC'd at 1.2, then 1.0 then down to 800. Reason is ever since flashing DM 1.0 i've been running extremely hot and today when looking at google earth it kept restarting. i pulled the battery. I am thinking i should reflash and do a wipe. I've NEVER done a wipe as i always kept my data when flashing new roms. Could this be the cause of my problems? also before i do a wipe what should i make sure i do so i can get all of my contacts and data back? I have titanium backup that i backuped all of my APPS with. what about contacts? do they come back with my google account? also facebook syncs with contacts and all?

2. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump for an answer!

3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you look over at droidmod they expressly mention you shouldn't over clock so high with that rom. Many people are reporting heat issues, fcs and boot looping.

They are working on a solution.

4. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hmmm.. i've been running DM a few days now at 1ghz with no problems. i mean, heat yeah, but never over 40c.. i guess because i'm always watching my temp ;)

as far as your backup goes.. i'm not sure exactly. i know whatever contacts you have synced with google will come back, and your facebook will re-sync when you log in, but you will lose your texts and i guess pictures/videos .. i'm not entirely certain though

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Mine was hot today when I got up because I fell asleep and didn't turn the screen off (screebl) I think it was around 39 c. I've been overclocking at 1ghz too. I thought that was what was recommended. Should I go down to 800?

6. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Everytime I do a DMUpdate (or SMUpdate in the past) I do a data wipe. After installing the new ROM, I reboot and do an advanced Nandroid restore of /data only.

Now, I'm not sure if this defeats the purpose of the data wipe in the first place, but I know that when I do that, I have VERY smooth sailing. All of my call logs, txt messages, preferences, apps, data, etc are all preserved. Additionally, the market continues to recognize my apps and notifies me of updates as necessary without having to manually re-install all of them.

7. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

Pulled from one of their top sticky posts over at Droidmod.org

"If you're experiencing boot-loops when upgrading to SM2.0.6 or DM1.0, make sure you turn off overclocking in SetCPU. The kernel uses more conservative CPU voltages, because people were complaining about heat. If you still want to overclock, you can flash the old high-voltage boot.img (you'll have a copy in your 2.0.3 nandroid backup), but we won't support this. We recommend you stick with the sanely-volted kernel, and only overclock to what your CPU can do.

Sgx is researching better ways to use SmartReflex that will ultimately eliminate the necessity of fixed frequency-voltages pairs, and eventually fixed steps all together. We'll keep you updated on the progress of his work as it progresses."

Every CPU is different as we know, tiny changes per unit can cause one to respond extremely different than another, so we have to be very careful on a phone by phone basis.

Besides Hook(lol, typoed), I thought you weren't going to root anymore? lol :D

8. flyguide83

flyguide83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to get rid of google earth.. it was more of a hindrance then it was worth.. I tried ruining dm 1.0 for a while.. then went to smoked glass 4.5, that's super nice but my wifi wouldn't work.. so I wiped sistem restored back to 1.0 and flashed to cow glass rom, the one running smoked glass kernel but tweaked.. its 2.01 but acts like 2:1.. super stable and wifi works.. added wifi teather and it works too..

9. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, i never had an issue with heat until i installed 1.0 and also tempmonitor. With the old sholes i was at 1.0ghz and never felt any heat on the back on the phone like i do now.

10. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    oh i did with a few different versions of sholes.. but nothing BAD and certainly no worse than it is now

11. Tatootie

Tatootie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had all the sholes roms, and now DM. This latest one by far runs the hottest, and I barely use my phone. When I do, it cranks right up though!

12. SCDroid

SCDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think i'm going to reflash with a complete wipe.