Got A Problem With 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by davevong, Jan 9, 2010.

1. davevong

davevong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After I installed 2.1 on my droid it runs good. But when i went on my sdcard i dont have the nandroid folder in there anymore, with the file i download to replace the old one. Now i have a folder name android in the sdcard and the file i put in is missing. I can't open my astro file manager and my droid root helper is missing on my icon and cant seem to install it with another file manager program (OI manager). Can someone please help me out with this.

2. bots

bots Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing 2.1 shouldn't modify your sdcard at all. Are you sure you are looking at the /sdcard folder and not the phone itself?

3. kevdog

kevdog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who doesn't have a problem with 2.1?? I'll save you some time and effort -- 2.1 isn't worth it. After about a day, your phone runs super slow and the performance is terrible. As a backup, just try to install all the backported 2.1 apps made now for 2.01. You will so glad you did this approach (unless you are a developer -- but in that case I bet you wouldn't be posting this type of question in the first place).

4. freddroidhead

freddroidhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2.1 works great on my Droid. I don't know what is making yours run slow but I would rather use it than a hacked up version of 2.01. It's fast and more reliable than even stock 2.01.