Got a new replacement droid...settings other than gmail, contacts showed up??

Laramie

Reaction score
So I got a new Droid yesterday, first one has a very loose bottom part of the slider.

So I logged in to Gmail for the first time while setting up the phone...automatically these things were on the new phone with a NEW SD card, and I"m not sure how:

- Background image
- Some but not all of the apps that were on my old phone

Now, if you go to
- Settings -->
- Privacy -->
- "Back up my settings" WHAT settings get auomatically backed up and where are they stored? IE my background image and the apps?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I got a new Droid yesterday, first one has a very loose bottom part of the slider.

So I logged in to Gmail for the first time while setting up the phone...automatically these things were on the new phone with a NEW SD card, and I"m not sure how:

- Background image
- Some but not all of the apps that were on my old phone

Now, if you go to
- Settings -->
- Privacy -->
- "Back up my settings" WHAT settings get auomatically backed up and where are they stored? IE my background image and the apps?

My first thought was Verizon stored my settings. They knew my wallpaper, my wireless network password settings, etc Some stuff is stored on your card and some is stored within your Google profile, so says a store rep I spoke with recently.
I ran into the same thing with apps. Some I had to go and grab again, others I did not.

Did you try backing up your settings. I'd think it would let you know that location so you could offload the settings to your pc for safekeeping.