Got a new phone, last one died. Root question

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by Randy72560, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Randy72560

Randy72560 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    So I got a brand new Galaxy s4 last week, rooted it with towel root. All was smooth, thwen the touch screen totally quit working. Tried hard reset, etc.

I want to root this new one, is there any chance the towel root could have caused the issue with the other phone??

2. Divergent

Divergent Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know bro but in the future just flash a SU package from your custom recovery

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Towel root wouldn't have caused any issues with the touch screen, and just for good measure there have been 0 reports by any user of such a thing. Root on :)

Sent from my XT1060

4. Divergent

Divergent Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually one of my friends is also getting this issue but just randommly was his screen of his S4 death .
    By moving the battery and putting it back in and reboot will let the device work for him but oftem it occurs and now he replaced a official battery of another friend's S4 and it worked!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Randy72560

Randy72560 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ya know my touch screen stopped working a few times, I would restart it a few times, and it worked. Then the last time it happend, I couldn't get it to work again. It was pretty odd.

I didn't thinkt he root would hurt anything, but ya know I figured Id ask anyway/

Search tags for this page

rooted phone last