got a few questions, plz respond asap

dillonorden

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 global and was wondering y there are no roms for it? How different can the files be from a droid 1 to a D2 global? Also whats the easiest way to make a custom boot logo image? Srry for all the questions, but im a newb wit the D2G

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the differences between the droid 1 and droid 2 global are many in number. first and most importantly there is the fact that the global has a locked bootloader and then theres things like radios and all the hardware differneces. however there is a way to flash droid 2 roms on a droid 2 global. it is a zip file developed by the get r done rom team but their website is currently down.

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
Srry for not being specific earlier, but i ment the difference in programing. How big of a program change did motorola do for the D2. I figured they left the programing the same and added new hardware. I like my D1 better bc of the wide selection of Roms i had, but the D2 is faster, looks cleaner etc. I was wondering when bugless beast, miui, cyagonmod etc was goin to work on some D2 roms. I got the. Zip file needed so i could run D2 roms on my D2G, but the few roms tht are out there for the D2 i dont like :(. Is it possible to run a D1 rom on a D2/G?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of.

I think that because of the lock down and the differences in hardware, you'd be hard pressed to get a D1 ROM ported to a D2/G.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah there has as of yet only been a few rom devs from the d1 porting roms to the d2 and they had their fair share of flaws. Kind of sucks I know.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
Well I did some research and found out the D2G wont get the gingerbread update, and I've been waiting to get it, so now im highly upset and was thinks bout getting a druid x. Opinions?

xCore

Reaction score
I swapped from a D2 to a Dx a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

OP
dillonorden

dillonorden

Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of the druid x