1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Got a app developing question From a newbie developer

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by WoZzY, Jun 30, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Best place to learn to build android apps
  2. iPirate

iPirate New Member

I dont think I could be more broad, the internet. :)
  3. razorseal

razorseal New Member

yeah I just asked the same thing, youtube tutorials are nice, but there aren't any good ones for the android... =/
  4. razorseal

razorseal New Member

What's confusing me is there is no GUI like interface, everything seems text based... look at the iphone's SDK, it's sort of like VB. You can put text fields, buttons and all that good stuff within the coding program. from what it looks like to me everything in android is done in text which can make things major pita. especially for newer people.

unless i'm missing something
  5. iPirate

iPirate New Member

that is pretty much right. Unless your GUI is very basic, you have to write it all up.

but you can use GUI makers if it is basic
  6. drkow19

drkow19 New Member

It is text based, but the GUI is written in XML, so you need to know basic XML. Use the development platform Eclipse, then go to Android.com - Android at Google I/O look for "Developers" and they have guides on how to set up Eclipse, how to download new SDKs (I have 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, and 2.2 SDKs installed, you can choose any target platform with your apps) and there are guides on how to write an app from start to finish.