1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GOSMS upgrade to GOSMS Pro, free

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Lenagainster, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Users should be getting a notice to upgrade from GOSMS to GOSMS Pro, as the former will no longer be supported, but the Pro version is now free. On my Droid 2, it had a button to choose 'download' but nothing happened and I went to the Market to get the Pro version. I'd recommend uninstalling the regular version first. Be aware that you will have to go through the settings and change them back to your preferred ones. Both versions were rated highly, so I guess this is a plus for us.
  2. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

Yea this is great.

I did the "download" option through the beta about a week ago and it auto-uninstalled the old copy.

Go SMS kicks ass, better than handcent IMO.
  3. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

I downloaded this over the weekend and love it so far.. Came from using Handcent for year and half but have one question.. how do I get the pop up to turn the screen on when it is off? I have the box checked but it only pops up when I turn screen on =( This is my only complaint so far... other than that .. it is awesome.
  4. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Go to Menu -Settings - Notification Settings - Default Notification Settings - select Screen On
  5. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

I have checked that and unlock screen. With Handscent, if my phone was on desk and off.. if I got a text.. the popup box would pop up.... it isnt doing with gosms... but.. when my led starts blinking.. I will turn phone on and there is my popup box... so it comes up, just doesnt wake phone up. =( I am using Droid 1 with Launcher Pro Plus... if that helps any
  6. Mars

Mars New Member

u dont have to start all over u just backup your messages and settings under
    settings>go sms services>backup
    then proceed to restore after go sms pro install
  7. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

I downloaded the regular gosms last night and started using it instead of the go sms pro and it works perfect.. the popups wake my screen up. I saved the pro on my phone... so.. if I back up my settings, then delete the pro and reinstall .. do you think it will still work?
  8. rryyyaannn

rryyyaannn New Member

Love GOsms great app!
  9. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

It has been working great the last week, then yesterday it got where it wasnt letting me know I had text.. i got up this morning and had all kinds of text yesterday adn didnt know.. =( so I unistalled pro again and went back to regular gosms and it did same thing... =( I LOVE this app but cant be missing text...
  10. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

It looks like with the notice I got with the latest update, you will be forced to go to the Pro version; the notice clearly states that the regular version will no longer be supported.
    Haven't had the problems you describe with Gosms Pro.
  11. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

Im trying it again but using handcent too and checking it to see if I am missing any.. so far no problems with gosms pro.. I hope it stays that way cause I love the way it looks and works...
  12. worthers20

worthers20 New Member

Input box font size

Does anyone know of a way to change the font size on the input/edit box when typing a text message? I like to have all of my font fairly small for my incoming and outgoing messages but the font size for this is way too big in comparison. I know you could do it in Handcent, but I'm unable to find this option in GoSMS Pro. Thanks!
  13. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Haven't personally changed anything, but open GOSMS Pro, settings, appearance, scan for fonts. Then inbox customization, time & message font.
  14. worthers20

worthers20 New Member

Thanks for the reply, Lenagainster, but unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for. I was referring to the font that you see as you are typing your text message before you send it. Maybe it's just not an option in the app. Perhaps there is a setting in on the keyboard to decrease the size everywhere you use the KB? I'll check on that now. Thanks for the help, though!
  15. dorlisa

dorlisa New Member

I just got the Thunderbolt phone on Sunday and install gosms pro and have had NO problems so far... doing great!!
  16. mewanderinghome

mewanderinghome New Member

I have the same question Worthers20. Did you find a solution? Anyone else? I like gosms better than handcent so far, but it's annoying me every time I go to type a message how large the font is in the compose message editor box. I see a way to change the other font size settings but not this one. Anyone know if/how to do it? Thanks..
Search tags for this page

go sms compose message font

go sms make font smaller
go sms pro composing size

go sms pro fonts

go sms pro upgrade
go sms type to compose
how do you change the compose font color on go sms pro
how to change font color of compose message box in go sms
how to change font style and font size in typing th reply at
how to change font when typing go sms pro
how to change font while typing new message in go sms pro