gosms and ics

Alchemist945

Reaction score
I got my ota for ics today now my gosms won't show contact pics this brothers me is there a fix anyone eles having this problem or is there a better sms app that will show the pictures

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Reaction score
I know this isn't much help...but I'm not having that problem, so there has to be a way to fix.

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
I hope so I loved gosms

corki2

Reaction score
I got my ota for ics today now my gosms won't show contact pics this brothers me is there a fix anyone eles having this problem or is there a better sms app that will show the pictures

I had that problem in one of the leaks. I finally uninstalled it because I couldn't fix it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Mine works fine. I would be bummed cause GoSMS is my favorite text app.

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
It seems like now if u want ur fb contact pics u have to pay 4.99 for it this is bull

Eloya

Reaction score
It seems like now if u want ur fb contact pics u have to pay 4.99 for it this is bull

The paid version doesn't fix it either. It appears to be an issue with the ICS 4.0, maybe it's a good thing 4.1 is not universally out yet. In any event, it sucks for those of us that paid the $ 4.99 and it's not working correctly. They haven't said anything about a fix on their web page.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Seems to me that it is bigger than that, I thought I read somewhere that Facebook is not allowing unlicensed/unauthorized third party apps access to that information (profile pictures) and other stuff as well. Most manufacturer's software, like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc, is properly licensed and authorized so it is allowed to get that information, and until sometime in the last month or two Facebook never enforced this, but they are now which is causing unlicensed/unauthorized apps like GoSMS to now fail to be able to access some information.

I might be way off on this, but something is telling me I read this somewhere... if I find a link to more info I will post it up here

Eloya

Reaction score
Good point, however, one of the reasons I found gosms was that the Avatars were not appearing in my Samsung galaxy s3...These issues are not the end if the world but when ur used to it, it's frustrating

HowardZ

Reaction score
The only advantage I see that gosms has is their widget. Without the widget I probably would use the stock sms.