Gorilla Glass EST. 1962

iPirate

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting. What else could you use small glass sheets for? Small being less than 5"x5"

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, this article solidifies my resolve to never waste money on any sort of screen protector for my Droid.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The article does mention Droid....

I'm going to leave this open for now....but it's barely Droid related.

Barely Droid related?!?

As a good DF member, I searched "Gorilla Glass" before I posted this. There were 20+ pages (not 20 posts... 20+ pages of posts)of references to Gorilla Glass. I looked through several pages (not all) and I did not see a post referencing how long this stuff has been around and how it came to the Droid. I thought with that much attention on DF to Gorilla Glass, some on DF might find it interesting that Moto reached back in time, to produce the high tech device that you have in your pocket

Blackbeard

Reaction score
Do they still use Gorilla Glass on the Droid? I had heard rumors that they switched materials because of all the screens cracking.

Sure enough, I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. When I sent it to Motorola to be repaired, the service center diagnostic checklist that they sent back said this:

Resolution: Repair
Part: Mylar

So are they using Mylar now?

lyam

Reaction score
Do they still use Gorilla Glass on the Droid? I had heard rumors that they switched materials because of all the screens cracking.

Sure enough, I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. When I sent it to Motorola to be repaired, the service center diagnostic checklist that they sent back said this:

Mylar is plastic. Don't capacitative touch screens require glass?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I thought it was interesting. What else could you use small glass sheets for? Small being less than 5"x5"

Welding shields
Windshields for the Gecko

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

They are still using GG..