Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

kickasz23

Reaction score
do u have 3500mah battery or using the stock to only get 4hrs of heavy use.

turok

Reaction score
Stock battery .. that's why ima get the big one.. not bi gon the huge hump ... but worth it if it'll last me all day. One of the big drainers ..is my snes emulator.. oh memories...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nova77

Reaction score
Does you guys' extended batteries charge on your phone? I just got a mugen 3300mAh, and it won't charge on my phone. Any work arounds? Or do I gotta get a seperate charger?

jksels

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a hard case to protect my droid 2 global using the extended 3500 Gorilla battery? Also what does it mean to calibrate the battery. Is this the same thing as breaking in or conditioning the battery by running it all the way down the first few times. If not, then how do you calibrate? I thought lithium ion batteries were memory free and didn't require breaking in. Thx.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Calibrating is similar in process, but different in theory. Lithium ion batteries don't need to be "run in", as in they don't have a memory, chemically. They do, however, depend on the os, or reporting issues which do need to be calibrated. How does your phone determine a certain voltage is a certain percentage?

kickasz23

Reaction score
So I been using this battery for about a week I don't like that my battery drains so quick then at 5% its goes for hours with streaming tv and what not is there an app that will help better show the percentage?

irishfan.83

Reaction score
been away from the thread for a few days...

@kick-download Battery Left from the market...read through the thread for more information on how to use it....

@Bilge/jksels-when we use the word "calibrate" we are talking about the Battery left app calibrating its readings to the new extended battery...nothing to do with the battery itself..havent heard of a case..but i would guess chances are slim since these extended batts make the phone quite a but thicker.....dont think they will fit in any type of case...need a specialty made one....

@nova-our phones charge the 3500 mAh batteries just fine...

brian1972ca

Reaction score
Just got this battery yesterday, I have to say while it does add size, the phone is actually much more comfortable to hold.

I am letting Battery Left Pro do it's thing while calibrating.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I didn't try this model ExtBattery but another 2300 mAh model and didn't like how much that one stuck out. The 3500 I will bet sticks out larger.

But by rooting and running SetCPU I can go a full day without a charge (even making it overnight) just by leaving it on power saver mode and really throttling down the CPU when the phone is asleep.

And thats with a standard BP6!

Fission I am sure has a lot to do with that as well.
I know the stock is just awful on battery life though.

I have found that the meter is definitly not all that accurate.
5% will last a few hours if your not making calls.

Basically what I did with Set CPU is throttle down the proc to 600 when it sleeps/Screen off, 1000 when Battery shows below 50% and 600Max when battery below 25%. It really added hours to the battery life.

Seems the time it spends in your pocket is where most of the battery life was going.

leletmai

Reaction score
so Ive been using the battery for about two weeks now, the one from gorilla gadgets, and its fully calibrated but says it gives me about 8 hours when its fully charged. And it also lasts me about maybe ten hours of use when I play with apps or go one the internet. Is that normal since most of what I read on here says the battery lasts about a day or 2.

brian1972ca

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds awfully quick for it to drain. Did you let the battery completely drain and the phone shut off?

dbst

Reaction score
So how exactly did you bend the clips? I tried bending them in a little but the door still doesn't slide up all the way
Edit: Nevermind I got it, you just gotta use some brute force haha

brian1972ca

Reaction score
Well, it's still going 24 hours after first charge. The system sees it at 5% with that annoying blinking red LED light that I can't disable. Battery Left Pro has it at 22%, pretty impressive!