Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered on the 8th and I already received my battery just a moment ago! Wow real fast shipping !
But question I'm not sure if I put the battery cover on right ...right now how I have does not fully cover it all ..?? On the top does not connect together ?..not sure if I make sense..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
awesome glad your enjoying it, push/bend the tabs inward toward the center of the phone that way when they lock in they are grabbing onto the plastic so it wont slide, mine did it to, took 30 seconds to fix and haven't had a problem since
mine also slides off ..im trying to push/bend the tabs inward but afraid that it will break!?

oh and heres some pics how my back cover dont connect ..unless i dont know how to put a battery cover on :icon_eek::huh:

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
not sure if you can see its not joined together

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110210.JPG
    Snapshot_20110210.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 430
  • Snapshot_20110210_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20110210_2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 547
OP
N

Neverblu

Reaction score
Check the angle of the clips compared to your stock door bend to adjust should slide up, cover looks right

B, Del Sol, Droid, Red Bull... great life

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Check the angle of the clips compared to your stock door bend to adjust should slide up, cover looks right

B, Del Sol, Droid, Red Bull... great life

Ok thanks I got it,
Is there any other battery indicator that's free and works for this ?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

irishfan.83

Reaction score
Ok, so I just upgraded to a Droid 2 Global last Saturday and I've been very impressed with this phone. I was not satisfied with the battery life and after some research, I decided to go with an extended battery. I ordered a 3500 mAh battery from ebay and it appears (from earlier pictures) to be the same type found on GG. Really excited to see how it does. Neverblu, I wanted to ask you, are you running any custom ROM's? I noticed from your first screen shots your phone UI looks very different from mine. How did you get the green "messaging" widget on your homepage? I'm not sure if I will be rooting my phone and going the ultimate customization route, but these ROM's look sick and it's tempting.....

OP
N

Neverblu

Reaction score
Irish - I am using Fission 2.4.3 although, you do not need fission or to be rooted to have a homescreen like mine, I am running LauncherPro using the Froyo dock theme(comes with Launcher Pro - set in dock options) which is also setup relativly the same on my girl's d2g who is on stock rom non-rooted. The messaging widget is Circle Launcher, when you tap the message widget it flys out with icons around it (for me its GMAIL, Email, Messages, Facebook, Droid forums, tapatalk ect)

Klaudia - Battery Left is free, Pro only adds the option to have more than one battery profile. I do not know of any other program that does what Battery Left does.

irishfan.83

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the app information blu, i just installed those two and they really make the phone interaction much better. I like the way launcher pro allows you to customize the home screen. Like the messaging widget as well, nice touch. Now just waiting for the battery so I can play on it for even more hours on end.

CH1L1P3PP3R

Reaction score
So has anyone been able to either disable the blinking LED notification or change the battery settings so it will read the battery level correctly?

If not, I found the battery files in root explorer, they are located at:
sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery

Could somebody come up with a work around? Sorry I'm not much of a dev

lyonhart

Reaction score
Again sorry about asking a newb question but will this work normally on a phone that isnt rooted or anything, just stock?

manoman

Reaction score
I've been following this thread for some time because I'm very interested in purchasing this (or a similar) 3500maH battery for my d2g. What I'm afraid of is that I've read lots of stories about how these batteries produced in China do not have the same safety fuses / switches as found on official batteries licensed by motorola or whoever. Take a look at the enlarged picture. The batteries are identical:

http://gorillagadgets.com/images/detailed/droid2_004.jpg
Extended Battery+Cover For Motorola Droid A855 2 A955 - eBay (item 230577530159 end time Feb-22-11 16:15:05 PST)

Is the gorilla gadgets battery is no better than the $10 ebay replacement battery? Are these batteries safe to use and/or won't hold a charge after you charge them 100+ times? I've read lots of forum messages warning against using Hong Kong/China-sold replacement batteries because they have exploded, melted the plastic, fried the phone's processor, with picture proof. Anyone with any insight into this?

Lastly, @Neverblu, can you tell me how you setup your UI? I love how the top bar is black, the battery indicator is a circle thing with blue color, wifi / signal strength have green shading, music player has blue buttons / text, phone call / power / globe buttons at the bottom... how'd you do all of that?

OP
N

Neverblu

Reaction score
lyanhart - Yes this will work with a non rooted phone, however battery meter does not read correctly

CH1L - Im working on it, Ive just been busy with my job(red bull 60-70hrs a week) so it will come just give it time, sorry no promises that I will figure it out although I am working on it

manoman - all batteries used in our phones are produced in china, the ones sent to name brand companies go though quality control testing so honestly I could not tell you whether they are the same battery or not, or if Gorilla Gadgets does QC testing on they're batteries

As far as my UI, I am running Fission 2.4.3 with the Black Gingerbread theme with the framework.apk from third eye theme flashed over it(in other words flash gingerbreat theme with black status bar, then download third eye theme, open the zip, delete everything except for framework.apk and then flash that zip)

I use launcher pro, with the froyo 2.1 dock theme that comes with launcher pro. The purple circle all the way to the left is a widget called Boot Control -on the market(what I did was create a shortcut of the Activity that launches the Boot Control window), Phone and internet(globe are the standard icons in black gingerbread theme, and the last button is Screen off(basically it emulates pushing the power button to turn off screen).

Irish - Glad you got it figured out hope you enjoy the battery

CH1L1P3PP3R

Reaction score
CH1L - Im working on it, Ive just been busy with my job(red bull 60-70hrs a week) so it will come just give it time, sorry no promises that I will figure it out although I am working on it

I'm really happy to hear this! Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

kickasz23

Reaction score
love this battery i abuse it so much only thing i hate is that the % is correct, any1 find a case that works with it?