Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

gthotie5

Reaction score
I'm sure if you call them they'll help you out.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jfeldredge

Reaction score
GorillaGadgets extended battery back cover doesn't fit

The back cover that came with my Gorilla Gadgets extended battery wouldn't fit securely on my Droid 2 Global. I compared the new cover to the one that came with the phone, and found that the upper 2 hooks weren't located in the right place, so they engage too soon and keep the lower two hooks from engaging. I wrote to Gorilla Gadgets, and they sent me another cover, but it had the exact same design flaw. As a result, I haven't been able to use the battery so far. I plan to pry loose the upper two hooks (they are metallic tabs stuck to the plastic back cover), and try glueing them in the proper location.

If this cover fits other models of Droid, then they must not all have the back cover hooks located in the same places.

joeyx2

Reaction score
I bought a gorilla battery and im now back to my seidio battery. The gorilla was in the 3500mah range and would last me thought a work day (I play a lot on my phone at work). Sometimes even die before I left. The seidio is 2800mah and it will last me though work into the next day. I get tired of waiting for it to die and have to charge it so im not stuck with it Dead. So I really don't know exact hours it has but u get the point.

grimloktt

Reaction score
I had to send one back and the replacement barely lasts a day. I had to pay return shipping too.

gthotie5

Reaction score
It doesn't last as long I thought it would.
Sometimes I think it be better to just carry around an extra stock battery instead of having the ugly hump.

slayerbizkit

Reaction score
I bought this battery about 4 months ago and it hardly lasts any longer than an extended motorala I own. I mainly use FB and browse, with the occasional VZ. Navigator search for some grub. I get 5-6 hrs max of real time usage out of it before my phone dies. Is there something special I need to do for this battery to work well? I've charged it from 0 to full like everyday so it has to be something else.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto per VZ's request I believe made it so that their phone's will not properly meter non-OEM batteries. Some people have had luck but generally they do not work properly.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

slayerbizkit

Reaction score
Moto per VZ's request I believe made it so that their phone's will not properly meter non-OEM batteries. Some people have had luck but generally they do not work properly.MIUI tested, mother approved.
Is there a work-around to this issue for the gorilla battery? My phone is currently temp-rooted with z4root. If not, are there any other Non-OEM batteries that actually do work?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Motorola didn't do anything.

As the device was not designed to work with these batteries, its voltage sensor doesn't understand values below a certain threshold. High capacity means lower voltage at the end of charge. The phone cannot sense/parse voltage that low.

mr.inter

Reaction score
I use this app to monitor extended battery voltage:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJhdHRlcnkubW9uaXRvciJd

A full charge to my battery means around 4150-4160mV, while 3200mV means that the battery will soon die.

It is a really essential tool to anyone using these high capacity batteries. I get a 1% system reading throughout quarter to half of the battery's lifetime, which is totally unreliable to know the battery's remaining lifetime. This makes the app very useful.