Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

locoej

Reaction score
I been using my Droid with heavy heavy use, and been getting 20-25 hours of battery life with the Gorilla Gadget. I love it! I use to get like 7-8 hours with stock battery before my phone would die. But the best battery life I had with Moderate use with the Gorilla Gadget was 42 hours.

Gorilla Gadget is the way to go! No need for rooting the phone and risking issues doing that, just get this battery and you will be satisfied :)
Hi...
What is your interpretation of heavy use?
Mine is at least 3 hrs of talk time... 1 hr of internet (youtube)... 100+ texts...wifi on for at least 2-3 hrs.

-Every month I have average from 7-10k texting.
-Total of hours I talk on phone is about 4 hours.
-I always use camera because I'm a photographer, so I like taking pictures and sending them out.
-I get emails all day from my clients/vendors.
-I also use "Tapatalk" app to browse through forums.

^That's basically my daily usage. I am happy I bought the Gorilla Gadget and will look forward to buying future extended batteries with another phone I may buy down the line. I never used extended batteries before but it's well worth it for me.

:icon_ lala:

magdiel1975

Reaction score
I've been reading people here comment on calibrating the battery.
Lithium batteries DO NOT need to be calibrated. This is for old batteries.

I have been doing research about this and found that it is a very bad idea to completely drain the lithium battery in a vain attempt to "calibrate" the battery. There is no such thing as "calibrating" the battery and people are just attempting to sound knowledgeable when in fact they don't understand what they are talking about.

This is what I've found on lithium batteries..

"Charge often. Don't try to fully discharge the battery frequently. This only adds strain. Several partial discharges (regular use) with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one total discharge.
Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion battery pack does not cause any harm because it has no "memory"."

nova77

Reaction score

I have been doing research about this and found that it is a very bad idea to completely drain the lithium battery in a vain attempt to "calibrate" the battery. There is no such thing as "calibrating" the battery and people are just attempting to sound knowledgeable when in fact they don't understand what they are talking about.

"Charge often. Don't try to fully discharge the battery frequently. This only adds strain. Several partial discharges (regular use) with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one total discharge.
Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion battery pack does not cause any harm because it has no "memory"."

Actually "people" are talking about calibrating the app which is used to read the battery since the hardware can't. But what you said is true, draing the battery all the time is not good for it. But it only takes about 2-3 discharges to calibrate the APP. So its ok

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

magdiel1975

Reaction score

Actually "people" are talking about calibrating the app which is used to read the battery since the hardware can't. But what you said is true, draing the battery all the time is not good for it. But it only takes about 2-3 discharges to calibrate the APP. So its ok

Yeah.. I also had an idea that people were talking about the app, but just in case I wanted to share the info with my fellow droiders :)

Please notice that this line..... "There is no such thing as "calibrating" the battery and people are just attempting to sound knowledgeable when in fact they don't understand what they are talking about"

Is from research.. these are not my words.
"

nova77

Reaction score

Yeah.. I also had an idea that people were talking about the app, but just in case I wanted to share the info with my fellow droiders :)

Yes no doubt, it is actually very important to know about this

magdiel1975

Reaction score

locoej

Reaction score
Hey I was thinking of giving this battery a shot...
What do you guys think?
3800mah with charger and cover for $15.13

EXTENDED BATTERY+COVER+CHARGER MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 - eBay (item 250785475327 end time Apr-07-11 11:37:04 PDT)

or this one...

New Extended BH6X Battery For MOTOROLA MB810 DROID X - eBay (item 280651770676 end time Apr-28-11 19:53:22 PDT)

or should I just go with the Gorilla one.. but that one is like $30. To me they all are the same battery..just different stickers :)

Dude, I keep telling you the Gorilla Gadget is the way to go. Stop looking for other NO NAMED brands, and just spend the $30 :rockon:

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

EXTENDED BATTERY+COVER+CHARGER MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 - eBay (item 250785475327 end time Apr-07-11 11:37:04 PDT)

or this one...

New Extended BH6X Battery For MOTOROLA MB810 DROID X - eBay (item 280651770676 end time Apr-28-11 19:53:22 PDT)

or should I just go with the Gorilla one.. but that one is like $30. To me they all are the same battery..just different stickers :)

Dude, those batteries aren't even for the right PHONE. Those are Droid X batteries. You have to pay attention to this stuff.

magdiel1975

Reaction score
I downloaded battery left, but I have noticed the system battery drains alot faster now. example.. I've charged the battery the night before and still have 90s% till about lunch time 12PM. Now with battery left, it goes into the 80s before 9AM. I know it has to calibrate, but I'm going by the system battery. I will be uninstalling battery left :( . I feel it's a battery drainer.

locoej

Reaction score
I downloaded battery left, but I have noticed the system battery drains alot faster now. example.. I've charged the battery the night before and still have 90s% till about lunch time 12PM. Now with battery left, it goes into the 80s before 9AM. I know it has to calibrate, but I'm going by the system battery. I will be uninstalling battery left :( . I feel it's a battery drainer.

It was a drainer for me also. I use to have it weeks ago, but did not like it. As you know I do have the GG battery, but I did not want to calibrate it because I careless for that. I just judge my battery once it hits 5% then I know I have about 5-9 hours left till it dies completely.

Reaction score
from what i understand the gorilla gadgets batteries are just cheap ass batteries made in china that they buy then mark up and sell to us. on their website as a description for the evo or droid battery it even says "we looked to our partners in china" when they describe looking for extended batteries. i bet those cheap ebay ones are same or extremely comparable.

magdiel1975

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

or this one...

Dude, those batteries aren't even for the right PHONE. Those are Droid X batteries. You have to pay attention to this stuff.

Hi,
If you notice on my profile, it says I have a droid x.

Nasa

Reaction score
If you do not let it calibrate, there is on use in having Battery Left.

The GF 3500 is a 3.5 volt battery and the standard battery is 3.7 volts.

Mah or milliamp hours is the volume or capacity of the battery.

The problem with the meter is that the GF Battery will last a lot longer but at a lower voltage.

To calibrate BL You must let the battery run down to where the phone shuts off by itself.

I am getting typically 14 hours of heavy, extremely heavy usage with a few hours left between charges.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, LauncherPro +, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.

magdiel1975

Reaction score
If you do not let it calibrate, there is on use in having Battery Left.

The GF 3500 is a 3.5 volt battery and the standard battery is 3.7 volts.

Mah or milliamp hours is the volume or capacity of the battery.

The problem with the meter is that the GF Battery will last a lot longer but at a lower voltage.

To calibrate BL You must let the battery run down to where the phone shuts off by itself.

I am getting typically 14 hours of heavy, extremely heavy usage with a few hours left between charges.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, LauncherPro +, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.

I'm pretty sure that if you use something else rather than battery left, you will get even more hours of use as BL is a battery hog... proven!

leobg

Reaction score
As I already mentioned before, one of the best battery estimation apps is battery diviner. Not a pretty looking one, but just like battery circle widget, it does it job excellent. Longer you use it, more accurate estimates get. Plus the way it is written makes it very battery efficient.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL