Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

locoej

Reaction score
Just a little update for you all. I had my Gorilla Gadget fully charged Wednesday at 9pm and now it's Friday 12am, so that's a total of 27 hours. About 2 hours ago the 5% red light indicator came on. So I am going to see how long it will last like this. I am going to bed soon, so I don't know if it will die during the night or still be alive for a couple more hours once I wake up in the morning.

Btw, I know it's kind of bulky, but love how I can grip it way better. It's very light also, can't even tell the difference from stock battery. I recommend this to all Android users.

27 hours... usually the 5% indicator light means there's at least 30% battery remaining, meaning you could be looking at ~35-40 hours of total uptime? Very nice. Did you install Battery Left Pro?

About the bulkiness... I'm glad you like it, but personally I don't like how it makes the phone look when the phone's sitting on the table, and I prefer the feel of the slimmer phone. Can't go wrong with the actual battery life though! I just got about 48 hours of charge (including some night hours, although I let my phone sync 24 hours a day).

Personally I don't like Battery Left Pro from previous times because I believe that caused my battery to die much quicker. So what I am doing is...I wait till my phone reaches 5% and from there I would judge the rest of my battery on myself. Right now it's been a total of 35 hours. I just woke up and it's 830am over here.

I was using the phone moderately and when this first charge dies, I want to use the phone heavy and see how many hours I get from that. I text a lot everyday (Around 6-8k a month) , browse different forums with my phone and play Angry Birds.

I understand it is kind of bulky, but dude honestly, it's well worth this battery life. My friends already made fun of me because I had this bulky phone, and it reminded them of the 80's LOL! But I didn't care because they shut up after I told them how many hours it has been lol :biggrin::icon_ lala:

locoej

Reaction score
Full Update:

I had the Gorilla Gadget fully charged Wednesday at 9pm and it just died on me today Friday at 10am.

Total of Hours: 37 hours with Moderate use.

I text a lot everyday. I do about 6-8k a month on texting and If I play games, it's Angry Birds only. I always get emails because of my business with clients. I send pictures daily, listen to music and sometimes browse the web.

Like I said before, the battery is kind of bulky, very light like the stock battery. It's well worth the battery life in my opinion.

Nasa

Reaction score
Just put it on charge after 31.25 hours. A lot of heavy to moderate use. Really don't know how long my standard battery would last but I generally had to charge it by lunch and if I did not charge it in the evening it would be dead by morning.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, LauncherPro +, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.

locoej

Reaction score
Just put it on charge after 31.25 hours. A lot of heavy to moderate use. Really don't know how long my standard battery would last but I generally had to charge it by lunch and if I did not charge it in the evening it would be dead by morning.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, LauncherPro +, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.

Yeah man I agree with you. If I was still running stock battery, it would probably die on me during the 1-2pm timing. If I am getting 20+ hours with this battery, that's all it takes to make me a happy camper lol. I also do heavy to moderate use and I will see how the 2nd charged cycle goes.

manoman

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your heavy use results. I just streamed music over 3g for 2 hrs while driving through traffic with the speaker volume at 50%, and the phone seems to be sitting at 80-85% battery left.. meaning roughly 12 hours of streaming with the speaker on. I wonder how much video playback this phone gets if you were to watch videos? Any takers?

locoej

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your heavy use results. I just streamed music over 3g for 2 hrs while driving through traffic with the speaker volume at 50%, and the phone seems to be sitting at 80-85% battery left.. meaning roughly 12 hours of streaming with the speaker on. I wonder how much video playback this phone gets if you were to watch videos? Any takers?

Nice man! This battery is legit! :icon_ banana:

Btw, I been looking around for a website to watch movies/shows, and I can't seem to find the answer. I want to see how good my battery will do while watching something for hours. Have any websites in mind? :popcorn:

kickasz23

Reaction score
Mine just died just under the 44 hour mark, oddly enough it died when i went to check how much time it had been on, on a side not i streamed 11 hour of music last saturday to my radio while i worked and it was still going strong also if you wanna test video try the cbs app you can watch a few shows on there for free.

locoej

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website to watch movies or shows? I want to try watching a movie for hours and see how my GG battery does!

hgrimberg

Reaction score
But why not buying the seido extended battery instead of this odd gorilla one? Price? But what about quality?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

locoej

Reaction score
But why not buying the seido extended battery instead of this odd gorilla one? Price? But what about quality?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The Gorilla Gadget is doing such a great job!

Second Update:
I finished my 2nd battery cycle and got 45 hours with Moderate to kind of heavy use. The battery was fully charged Friday at 130pm and died today Sunday at 10am. I been charging till the System Battery reads 100, then I let it charge for about a hour or 2 more.

I am going use the battery with Heavy use this time and see what happens.

:popcorn:

leobg

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't go with anything bigger/thicker than stock BP7X battery. That Gorilla Gadget one looks like doubling the thickness of the phone! Sure enough if you get couple of wires and one of these:
0000-Yuasa-Maintenance-Free-Battery.jpg

will yield probably a month of standby time...
But that's me of course

locoej

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't go with anything bigger/thicker than stock BP7X battery. That Gorilla Gadget one looks like doubling the thickness of the phone! Sure enough if you get couple of wires and one of these:
0000-Yuasa-Maintenance-Free-Battery.jpg

will yield probably a month of standby time...
But that's me of course

LOL! Yeah it's bulky, but worth the 30-45 hours of battery life man. :icon_ banana:

magdiel1975

Reaction score
SetCpu

Hey guys...
I Have been using setcpu for sometime now and it has improved my battery life greatly. I charged my stock battery yesterday afernoon...a few calls..wifi, texting..and internet and I still have over 60% left on it..it has been about 24 hrs. I have a droid x flashed and rooted to use with metropcs.

Mail and internet is great. Setcpu does not affect me in any way. I suggest trying setcpu before spending $20 on a battery. (if you have a rooted phone)
---
These are my settings..
running at 600mhz max/ 300mhz min always... exept when screen off - you will never notice the difference between 1000mhz and 600mhz on this phone.
screen off - 300mhz max / 300mhz min

locoej

Reaction score
I been using my Droid with heavy heavy use, and been getting 20-25 hours of battery life with the Gorilla Gadget. I love it! I use to get like 7-8 hours with stock battery before my phone would die. But the best battery life I had with Moderate use with the Gorilla Gadget was 42 hours.

Gorilla Gadget is the way to go! No need for rooting the phone and risking issues doing that, just get this battery and you will be satisfied :)

magdiel1975

Reaction score
I been using my Droid with heavy heavy use, and been getting 20-25 hours of battery life with the Gorilla Gadget. I love it! I use to get like 7-8 hours with stock battery before my phone would die. But the best battery life I had with Moderate use with the Gorilla Gadget was 42 hours.

Gorilla Gadget is the way to go! No need for rooting the phone and risking issues doing that, just get this battery and you will be satisfied :)
Hi...
What is your interpretation of heavy use?
Mine is at least 3 hrs of talk time... 1 hr of internet (youtube)... 100+ texts...wifi on for at least 2-3 hrs.