Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper1549

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm happy we reached 100... I really wish Miami1683 never gave a deadline for sharing this information... It would have been nicer once he was sure he had it all to then come to us with an annoucement... This later tonight liner he's been using all week is crap... I'm off to Harrah's!!!! P.s. All I want to say to Miami is:
:work3:​
BTW, lol I'm only joking with you Miami... I still like you... Next time just go easy on the promises and deadlines for this phone that you know so many of us are drooling for...

agreed. 1 or 2 times is ok but like 5 times now at least we were expecting them that day.. but i know things change according to plan seems like there is just too much anticipation but we have been led on like little girls at a Jonas Brothers concert all week.. were dying and how can you blame us? lol

2005CTS

Reaction score
Not happy at all. We have been hearing all week that this is just about to be released. The frustrating thing is that Miami states he has the pictures in hand to post. My theory is that he has been offered money from one of the big websites and is going to sell the goods to them. I don't blame him for that...but at least man up and tell us. I wouldn't mind a simple..."hey guys I was going to post these tonight but BGR offered me $5,000 to run them on their site on Monday morning." No big deal and I doubt anyone else on here would have a problem with that. At least by then we would know the drill and not be checking in here all evening like a drug addict looking for their next fix.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not happy at all. We have been hearing all week that this is just about to be released. The frustrating thing is that Miami states he has the pictures in hand to post. My theory is that he has been offered money from one of the big websites and is going to sell the goods to them. I don't blame him for that...but at least man up and tell us. I wouldn't mind a simple..."hey guys I was going to post these tonight but BGR offered me $5,000 to run them on their site on Monday morning." No big deal and I doubt anyone else on here would have a problem with that. At least by then we would know the drill and not be checking in here all evening like a drug addict looking for their next fix.

Lmao, clueless as can be...

bd1212

Reaction score

I agree... don't be so ignorant... he has a family to care for and a job that causes him to work many hours. The pics will be posted when he has the time. Theres other things to do other than spam refreshing the page...

viper1549

Reaction score

i agree, if he were to say that (wouldnt have to tell us how much) at least i can respect that. I wondered this whole time how he was going to give this kind of exclusive for free on a forum..

you know how much traffic that is going to generate and i know phandroid or BGR would love that traffic on a monday morning, people would constantly be going back all week.

on the other hand, he did say he was opening a thread when he was ready so if he has led us on this long and ends up doing the website thing with no heads up that will be quite upsetting.. but i still have faith they will be on this forum first until he says otherwise... forums make ad money to :p

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2005CTS, 99% of your posts have been negative and/or saying "miami where's the pics?" Or "miami any update?". Miami has stated many times he is busy. He has a job. He has a family. He is WAITING for his insiders to fill him in, its not in his control. If you want to accuse an administrator like miami of selling out, you don't fit the friendly community here. Mostly everyone is being at least a little positive, and you just post trash?.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2005CTS

Reaction score

You seem to be in the know. Care to explain why my theory is "clueless"

This type of thing happens all the time - and as we know the information he has been gathering is HUGE news for HTC and Verizon. He could easily make a nice little sum giving BGR the follow up to their story they posted back in August. Believe me - I wouldn't fault him for it. I would just rather know it isn't going to show up here...because he has been stating all week that it would.

2005CTS

Reaction score
2005CTS, 99% of your posts have been negative and/or saying "miami where's the pics?" Or "miami any update?". Miami has stated many times he is busy. He has a job. He has a family. He is WAITING for his insiders to fill him in, its not in his control. If you want to accuse an administrator like miami of selling out, you don't fit the friendly community here. Mostly everyone is being at least a little positive, and you just post trash?.

99% of my posts...I don't think so. Give me a break. That type of generalization is just as inflammatory as what you are claiming did!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
This thread is starting to be very entertaining.

Here is my observation and question: I am completely cool with him being busy and all that. That's life. I just know that he has an Android phone and it would take less than five minutes to update us. But the truth is, he has no obligation to and we are owed nothing. On the flip, he has made some statementss that if I made I would feel obliged to follow up on as a matter of integrity... on the flip... this is a huge story so I wouldn't know the fallout.... on the other hand.... wait, there IS NOOO otherhand!!!

Sorry, got caught up in a Fiddler on the Roof moment.

kparks

Reaction score

I agree... don't be so ignorant... he has a family to care for and a job that causes him to work many hours. The pics will be posted when he has the time. Theres other things to do other than spam refreshing the page...
some people are starting to see it my way im mean to tell us a date 1 or two time and miss it is ok but this is ridiculous!!! im not haiting on the guy at all but he could show up and tell us hey guys not goin to be up tonight then ppl are rationalizing well he has a family and works???? HOW OLD ARE YOU all of us work and have family it takes 2 seconds to get on hear and post!! i work 12 hours a day 8 hour at my real job and 4 on the side and support my family im at work now and its 11pm he get off before 6pm "he works many hours" LOL naa man thats called life

viper1549

Reaction score

Here is my observation and question: I am completely cool with him being busy and all that. That's life. I just know that he has an Android phone and it would take less than five minutes to update us. But the truth is, he has no obligation to and we are owed nothing. On the flip, he has made some statementss that if I made I would feel obliged to follow up on as a matter of integrity... on the flip... this is a huge story so I wouldn't know the fallout.... on the other hand.... wait, there IS NOOO otherhand!!!

lol see that is a good way of putting it.. its how he has said what has been said that makes everyone have the expectations.

but anywho, i played with an evo for the first time and i liked the feel of it alot more than the X but i really have no real complaints about the X evo just felt better lol.. this phone is gonna be pretty damn sweet..

swype on a 4.3 is so much better than a 3.7 esp when you have bigger fingers ( no im not a fatty ) big fingers run in the family lol

movie time ill prob be snooping with my droid lol

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Agreed. Well stated.
The only thing left to state is that I am anxiously awaiting any new info. Tell then have fun every one.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

kparks

Reaction score

Well put if i tell people sumn i follow through dont keep tellin us later tonight!! pick a date and stick with it dont tell us if ur not sure

Wynnded

Reaction score

:shocked:;):D

nnapoleon

Reaction score

Lol I completely agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.