Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Is it too much to hope for a VZW iPhone at all? Cause I don't want to get this, and then find out an iPhone is coming within a few months...you know?

At the end of the day you have to make a choice. Android and Apple are two different schools of thought - but they achieve the same thing. For me it comes down to my priorities - I like the widgets that Sense has, I love the screen size, and I like form factor. I really, really like the retina display and facetime, but I have facetime at home on my iMac and a larger screen is most important to me.

I have been waiting on this phone since August...and will buy it on release day.

H412D

Reaction score
Really...people shut the hell up....Miami please just don't post anything ....because obviously people on here have no life other then complaining about u not posting so if u have info just keep it to urself ....id love to see it and hear about it u shouldn't have to put up with this bull****...

To everyone on this forum complaining about Miami not posting .....grow up and learn to get away from the computer ....I check this forum once a day and this thread is nothing but complaining ......an admin should def just close this thread

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Hmmm but you're complaining about complaining? Am I correct? Also you stated that Miami should "not post anything" but then a few sentences later you tell us you'd "love to see it and hear about it". I'm not trying to fight, but you sound like you don't know what you're saying. Telling people to "shut the hell up" wont solve anything. If this thread truly bothers you, then you don't have to come back and check it all the time. You just ended up posting an idiotic testimony with to defined statement.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
a SMod (see below) is monitoring this thread, and has already asked that people stop posting about whether and when Miami should or should not post about info. Please stay on topic - posts asking for Admin/Mod involvement just stir things back up again.

Is it possible to stop beating a dead horse on this thread. Please. Miami has not been online today that I have seen. He is tied into my GTalk and I haven't seen him make an appearance. People, if you have jobs, you should remember Monday is typically a huge pain in the butt with work. When a new update is ready, it will come.

We've got it, you want an update. You're mad he gave a timeline and hasn't been able to follow it. Will you PLEASE give it a rest. The continued complaints are doing nothing other than stirring the pot.

aayoo

Reaction score
Why would i buy this 3G phone now, when i can wait a month or two and buy a 4G/LTE phone with both 3G and 4G chipsets. It's the best of both worlds, an LTE device with the option to still operate on 3G thus keeping my unlimited plan. As a current Droid X owner i'm looking for a TRUE upgrade, not a comparable device with new spec here and there. Best of luck fellas, but this one isn't for me.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Why would i buy this 3G phone now, when i can wait a month or two and buy a 4G/LTE phone with both 3G and 4G chipsets. It's the best of both worlds, an LTE device with the option to still operate on 3G thus keeping my unlimited plan. As a current Droid X owner i'm looking for a TRUE upgrade, not a comparable device with new spec here and there. Best of luck fellas, but this one isn't for me.

I seriously doubt that the LTE phones will have an unlimited data plan. They will be marketed and priced as LTE phones. The 3G is merely a back up to the primary LTE service which the tiered data plan will be based on.

Seeing as how you can upgrade every year...even on a NE2 plan...I suspect that there will be a huge LTE push this time next year as Christmas 2011 will be the first Christmas with widespread LTE service/phone options. My plan is to get this new Incredible HD and then upgrade to an LTE device next year.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

If you are a DROID X owner than your device is relatively new and very similar. So I'd wait. Most people desiring this device are coming from other OS's or the DROID 1 (which is starting to feel old to some).

With that being said, if you do not live in an LTE area, then not all of us are interested. Especially if they jack the prices up for this service that you will not even be able to get. (See Sprint and EVO customers $10 charge.) In my post-December 2011 upgrade--I will get an LTE phone. Right now, I want to roll out the end of my 3G days in style with this device!

Again, you have DROID X, so unless you have money to burn or HATE the phone (which I can't see how that is possible) i'd just wait it out.

bd1212

Reaction score

I seriously doubt that the LTE phones will have an unlimited data plan. They will be marketed and priced as LTE phones. The 3G is merely a back up to the primary LTE service which the tiered data plan will be based on.

Seeing as how you can upgrade every year...even on a NE2 plan...I suspect that there will be a huge LTE push this time next year as Christmas 2011 will be the first Christmas with widespread LTE service/phone options. My plan is to get this new Incredible HD and then upgrade to an LTE device next year.

I'm also going to be doing this. Also, I know they'll have LTE in Boston, which is 26 miles from where I live, but in the small town of mine, I doubt there'll be great 4G coverage, also, I'm guessing there's going to be a price to pay for 4G... and not to mention that 3G speeds are fine for me. ;)

bd1212

Reaction score

If you are a DROID X owner than your device is relatively new and very similar. So I'd wait. Most people desiring this device are coming from other OS's or the DROID 1 (which is starting to feel old to some).

With that being said, if you do not live in an LTE area, then not all of us are interested. Especially if they jack the prices up for this service that you will not even be able to get. (See Sprint and EVO customers $10 charge.) In my post-December 2011 upgrade--I will get an LTE phone. Right now, I want to roll out the end of my 3G days in style with this device!

Again, you have DROID X, so unless you have money to burn or HATE the phone (which I can't see how that is possible) i'd just wait it out.

Haha... I'm still using a D1... it definitely is starting to feel old. This phone will be a great upgrade for me.

Detonation

Reaction score
Put up with our bull****? Sorry buddy, when people post time and time again there going to update then how is it unfair for us to start complaining when nothing is delievered?

Perhaps you should ask for a refund on your DroidForums News Subscription then. Oh wait...

bd1212

Reaction score
Put up with our bull****? Sorry buddy, when people post time and time again there going to update then how is it unfair for us to start complaining when nothing is delievered?

Perhaps you should ask for a refund on your DroidForums News Subscription then. Oh wait...

No need to feed the troll. Just report the post. Simple and easy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed. This is senseless bickering, and the content of bad language is enough in itself to hand out several infractions. If Miami has anything more to say he will come out and say it when he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.