Googorola Will Kill Off Motorola Smartphones and Turn Android Closed Source?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Google is just looking to protect its product and that's why they bought Moto. Google can make this work by leaving Moto alone otherwise they risk loosing customers because phone manufacturers won't lay all their eggs in one basket. They'll start producing more Windows smartphones leaving Android users with less options, thus increasing the likeliness of consumers switching OS.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

npro1464

Reaction score
I don't blame mobile manufacturers for putting out devices left and right, it's their only source of revenue. Apple has computers, tablets and laptops to fall back on while their next iPhone drops. Motorola and HTC don't. And why would one of them, say HTC, decide to discipline itself and abstain from releasing new phones until once a year? They'd lose out on the entire market.

Whitman doesnt really understand what shes talking about. I don't think Google will go closed. I think the Android community might have a conniption fit. Motorola can't even make a Facebook post without being hampered by their bootloaders. I think the worst we could expect is Motorola operating business as usual, locked bootloaders and blur. The best (what I'm hoping for) is unlocked bootloaders and the choice to run Blur on your Moto phone or run plain Android. I expect the next Nexus to be from Motorola, and I expect it to be more revolutionary than any smartphone or tablet due to their new tight integration with Google.

Also, maybe this will stall Apples lawsuit assault a little.

ANDR0lD

Reaction score
Google will never walk away from open source. Period.

sent from my Zeus 'Bolt

mdroid2g

Reaction score
So is google responsible for the ton of pop ups and ads that have been appearing on my bionic? Really in the last few weeks or so it seemes i get more pop ups in my notification bar of the most ridiculous things than I ever have before. Or is it probably just an app I downloaded?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So is google responsible for the ton of pop ups and ads that have been appearing on my bionic? Really in the last few weeks or so it seemes i get more pop ups in my notification bar of the most ridiculous things than I ever have before. Or is it probably just an app I downloaded?

Download and run either "airpush detector", "addons detector" or "lookout ad push detector". It will scan for apps that push ads to your status bar. That is most definitely the cause.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score

more than likely just an app you downloaded, I've never seen random ads pop up in my notification bar on any android phone I've ever had

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The best (what I'm hoping for) is unlocked bootloaders and the choice to run Blur on your Moto phone or run plain Android. I expect the next Nexus to be from Motorola, and I expect it to be more revolutionary than any smartphone or tablet due to their new tight integration with Google.

Me too I want choice, to run their software or not. It's like all that bloat ware, about 1/3 of it I actually use, but the rest is just taking up space.
I don't have a problem with them pre-installing the software, if it's there I might use, but you can't get rid of it.
Why say you were unlocking bootloaders and then not even try to do it?

I hope the next Nexus is a Motorola phone cuz this partnership could be amazing.

sandrajean54

Reaction score
:angry:why cant they give me directions to give me closed captions on Droid Pro? I have few of them but dislike them!
please give me one in which someone call me then closed captions will work!!! I am deaf & I need it now! I can do CC to my families but.. HELP ME!!!!!:biggrin: sANDY

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:angry:why cant they give me directions to give me closed captions on Droid Pro? I have few of them but dislike them!
please give me one in which someone call me then closed captions will work!!! I am deaf & I need it now! I can do CC to my families but.. HELP ME!!!!!:biggrin: sANDY

Hello and welcome to the droid forums. So you're looking for a way to get closed captions on a droid pro?

I hope someone will be able to help you with this... have you done a search on the play store to see if any apps offer this feature?