Googorola cutting jobs

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

302521.png

When you think Google + Motorola the thought is a company that has the potential clout to build a stronger company. It appears the excitement for us about the current merger = despair for others as now they will have to find another way to put food on the table. The newly Google owned Motorola has been slashing jobs and look to continue slashing positions to get lean. Now I am sure they are not the only company that has done this given the recent airline mergers with Delta/northwest, Continental/United, and Southwest/Airtran and legacy store like sears and best buy closing doors we are seeing many companies look to merge jobs in order to run a lean operation. With the news that Google is possibly looking to span its play store to sell their brand of Nexus devices maybe the move is Google looking to adapt to the recent changes in the tech market.

Source: Motorola layoffs 2012: Google buyout to result in job cuts

Last edited:

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sucks for those that loose their jobs! But business wise makes sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Natey2

Reaction score
Most acquisitions (often masked as "mergers") result in layoffs in the smaller company. Fastest way to make things look profitable is to cut back on staff/salaries.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and generally there's redundancy that needs to be taken care of. It's an unfortunate part of mergers.