1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GoogleVoice Updated-BROKEN THEME

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by chewy74, May 21, 2010.

1. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

GoogleVoice just came out with an update and broke the theme...now I have BOB (black-on-black) text in the app and cant read a thing. I tried re-theming it, but it causes the app to misalign text badly & then FC's. It gave me a weird launcher icon too

Has anyone else with GV experienced this?
  2. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You had to start a new topic for this? Yes, the app was updated. Yes, you were silly to apply the theme which is for the previous version without checking to see if it was compatible. Yes, we will update the theme for the new version as soon as xeudoxus is off his death bed. Yes, it means you might have to choose either to A, not upgrade or B, deal with readability issues.
  3. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

Koveleski, I started a new topic because I wasn't sure if you all wanted issues in seperate threads or centralized In the main release thread. That thread has blown up quiet a bit and could be hard to keep track of user issues or for users to sift through that many pages to find their relating issue. I was actually trying to make it easier for the team, but if this is incorrect then please just merge the threads together.

I will remember your posting preferences for any future issues

4. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member Premium Member

wow, did u have to be so rude? not everyone knows not to update apps and such. and his reason for a new thread is understandable. look how big the main thread is. and now someone updating that app or thinking too will see this thread and know not too or know if they updated already that your working on a fix.
  5. Koveleski

I believe I could have been rude and next time I'll make sure I am, however I suppose its due to the nature of the internet and text being on a screen that sarcasm can not be conveyed without the use of a tag - which I neglected to put.

I'll make an edited version.

*sarcasm on*
    You had to start a new topic for this?
    *sarcasm off*

Yes, the app was updated. (nodding my head) Yes, you were silly to apply the theme which is for the previous version without checking to see if it was compatible. (giggling) Yes, we will update the theme for the new version as soon as xeudoxus is off his death bed. (laughing at my use of the word death bed as its not anywhere near truth yet still convenient to convey his current status) Yes, it means you might have to choose either to A, not upgrade or B, deal with readability issues. (informative ending sentence)

Hope that clears it up for you.
  6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Nice thread. srtfool32, the wallpapers guy yeaaa!
  7. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

you can cut the tensionwith a knife
  8. supersaki

supersaki New Member

In his defense, this type of situation is stated in the installation guide. If people bothered to read it, they'd understand that app updates will frequently break themes. If the MM doesn't work, then there's only the two options kove listed (which was also in the guide iirc)

As a counterpoint, its not a bad thing to let the devs know when an update breaks the theme. :unsure:
  9. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Fixed in DE-ESE81-Apps
  10. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

also quick note, if a themed app has a moded resources.arsc then 99.99% of the time a update will break it.
  11. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

So if i have the red dark edge I just need to download the red DE-ESE81-Apps correct? just a lil confused because it doesnt say its been update out to the side like some of the others and is still v1.1 while some others are 1.2??
  12. Koveleski

The colors are still not updated to 1.2 as I was away this weekend when he put out the update to gold. I should have them out today.
  13. BullDroid

BullDroid New Member

Ok sweet! glad I havent attempted this yet then! Thanks for the swift reply you guys do an awesome job!
  14. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member Premium Member

yeah it does. sorry about that. just read it and was like really? couldnt place the sarcasm when i was reading it. usually can but not that time. glad to see you guys are keeping this theme up to date constantly. one of the best themes ive seen, most done in a theme for sure. great work guys