Google's Project Glass Shows Up on the Runway of a New York Fashion Show

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
project-glass-and-orange.jpeg

Here's a story that isn't directly Android related, yet, but we know you guys like to keep up with the current tech advancements that Google is cooking up. Sergey Brin must have been in heaven on the day of these pics. As you can see above, his new Project Glass/Google Goggles were featured during on a runway walk during the DVF New York Fashion show. Mr. Brin himself also appeared on the catwalk with his creation during the show. The marketing cross-over is designed to show that Project Glass isn't just useful, it also looks pretty cool too. Here's the press release,

Today we’re thrilled to collaborate with the visionary and celebrated designer Diane von Furstenberg. For the past week, we’ve been using Glass to capture the DVF creative process from entirely new perspectives.
Soon you’ll get a glimpse into what it’s like to design, prepare and experience the DVF show at New York Fashion Week through Diane’s eyes and a few other views.
The short film ‘DVF through Glass’ will be released on Thursday, September 13 on the DVF Google+ page (google.com/+dvf) and Google’s YouTube channel (youtube.com/google). We will also post exclusive images from Glass to the DVF Google+ page live during the show. #DVFthroughGlass
“I am so excited to introduce Glass to the fashion world and use this revolutionary technology to give everyone a unique perspective into fashion.” – Diane von Furstenberg
“Beauty, style and comfort are as important to Glass as the latest technology. We are delighted to bring Glass to the runway together with DVF.” – Sergey Brin, Google co-founder.

There are some more pics of runway models with Google Goggles at the source link below. The glasses, models and their outfits look like something out of a Sci-Fi movie, like Logan's Run, yet not in an overt and cheesy way. They did a great job of showing how technology and fashion might be able to start merging a bit. Share your thoughts.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think it would have been funny as hell if she managed to walk right into one of the other models because of the device distracting her vision. Sorry, but I think its just a dumb product.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do they have a working model of this? I know people wear them, but does it work?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, only a few people (like Sergei Brin) have working models, but it is still in the advanced prototype stages. If the intel is correct, more than likely we will see a retail version sometime late next year. For the record, I think this is a pretty neat technology. Yes, it does have it's problems and hurdles to overcome, but you could say that for any new disruptive tech. It will all depend upon how well they tackle the logistical challenges of using the device. We shall see.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I want one.
LOL. I can think of ALOT of things i would use this for having an electronic eye attached.
:icon_ devil:

52brandon

Reaction score
I want one.
LOL. I can think of ALOT of things i would use this for having an electronic eye attached.
:icon_ devil:
lol, I was just thinking how much trouble this thing encourages me to get into

Valvoline

Reaction score
Lol at the models not knowing how to wear the damn thing. Isn't the glass supposed to be in front of the eye and not an inch above it? LOL
Seems neat, don't see how useful its going to be just yet. completely destroys peripheral vision in your right eye.
Love the innovation though!