1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google's Project Glass Shows Up on the Runway of a New York Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 10, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here's a story that isn't directly Android related, yet, but we know you guys like to keep up with the current tech advancements that Google is cooking up. Sergey Brin must have been in heaven on the day of these pics. As you can see above, his new Project Glass/Google Goggles were featured during on a runway walk during the DVF New York Fashion show. Mr. Brin himself also appeared on the catwalk with his creation during the show. The marketing cross-over is designed to show that Project Glass isn't just useful, it also looks pretty cool too. Here's the press release,

There are some more pics of runway models with Google Goggles at the source link below. The glasses, models and their outfits look like something out of a Sci-Fi movie, like Logan's Run, yet not in an overt and cheesy way. They did a great job of showing how technology and fashion might be able to start merging a bit. Share your thoughts.

Source: PhoneArena
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I think it would have been funny as hell if she managed to walk right into one of the other models because of the device distracting her vision. Sorry, but I think its just a dumb product.
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Do they have a working model of this? I know people wear them, but does it work?
  4. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Supposedly, only a few people (like Sergei Brin) have working models, but it is still in the advanced prototype stages. If the intel is correct, more than likely we will see a retail version sometime late next year. For the record, I think this is a pretty neat technology. Yes, it does have it's problems and hurdles to overcome, but you could say that for any new disruptive tech. It will all depend upon how well they tackle the logistical challenges of using the device. We shall see.
  5. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

I want one.
    LOL. I can think of ALOT of things i would use this for having an electronic eye attached.
    :icon_ devil:
  6. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

lol, I was just thinking how much trouble this thing encourages me to get into
  7. Valvoline

Valvoline New Member

Lol at the models not knowing how to wear the damn thing. Isn't the glass supposed to be in front of the eye and not an inch above it? LOL
    Seems neat, don't see how useful its going to be just yet. completely destroys peripheral vision in your right eye.
    Love the innovation though!