Google's Daydream Is Now Available For The Galaxy S8 and S8+

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
daydream-view-png.77702

Google has now made good on their promise at I/O to bring Day Dream to the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Many of the previous updates coming to the S8 have hinted at support for Day Dream, but we finally have official word from Google. You can now download Day Dream on your Galaxy S8 and S8+ directly from the Google Play Store. Google VR services has also had an update so you will want to download that update as well if you want to try it out. When you launch the app it does say you need a Day Dream ready VR headset and gives you a link to buy the Day Dream VR headset. I am not sure if the Gear VR is "Day Dream ready". Let us know in the comments if you have given it a try.

via @googlevr

Attachments

• daydream-view.png
    daydream-view.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 3,564

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Wonder how this will Impact Gear VR Sales since DayDream is Cheaper. I have Both the Gear VR which I use with my Note 5 and the DayDream VR which I use with my Moto Z Force. Honestly I like the Gear VR Better in Regards to Overall Design. I found that my Moto Z would get too hot and get Thermal Warnings due to its Enclosed Casing Design were I had no Issues with the Gear VR since its Open in the Back and Breathes Better. I also like the Passthrough Option with Gear VR which can not be done with DayDream Since its Enclosed and Blocks the Camera. Just my 2 Cents. On a Side Note, I wish the DayDream Supported the OG Droid Turbo.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Daydream?
What is the difference with "standard" VR apps with a simple cardboard for example?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s9 prix samsung s8

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Has anyone ever tried Daydream?
What is the difference with "standard" VR apps with a simple cardboard for example?

I have the DayDream VR and it seems better than Cardboard, little More refined and Controller is a Plus. Biggest Issue is that My Phone would Reach Temps that would cause Thermal Warnings. I guess it can be related to the Way the Phones are mounted and enclosed and the Material Traps heat instead of Dissipating it like Plastic on the Gear VR.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just reading an article on another tech site that said daydream was not compatible with s8 and s8+ yet. And now it is. things sure do change fast :)