Google's AR Glasses May Come to Consumers within 12 Months of Developer Version

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 28, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Besides all the hullabaloo about the new Nexus 7 tablet and Android 4.1/Jelly Bean, there are some other cool things going on at Google I/O this year. Google went to a lot of trouble to show off the newest version of their augmented reality glasses, aka Project Glass and Google Goggles. Several Google devs from the Project Glass team even jumped out of airplanes to show off the device. As we reported previously, Google is already making developer editions of the glasses available for $1500 bucks. However, some new info has emerged regarding the new tech. Supposedly, Google intends to make a consumer edition of the glasses available within twelve months. Here's a quote with some more details,

Who wants one?

Source: SlashGear

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    I'm not very interested in them at all. They sound very expensive and I'm not sure i could even wear them since I wear glasses.

3. Jeyman

Jeyman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    glasses wont matter they will clip onto them so it would seem.

As for if I want one, yup lol. If they are under 500 I will get one asap. Odds are I can hotlink it to my phones Bluetooth for free net. Maybe will have a wifi only one that plays well with cell phones.

4. Otacon1337

Otacon1337 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If google was smart, they would make the glasses just a bluetooth attachment to an android phone. When you open an app that supports the glasses, the HUD comes up. This makes the device cheaper for those of us who have an android (Who doesnt now adays???). Also saves power because it wont need internal memory or a processor. They could probably make these available for $150 if they do it right. This is just my opinion

5. nikecar

nikecar Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I'd ask for one as a gift if it was under 200

6. DeadlyAP1

DeadlyAP1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never pre-ordered anything in my life, but if offered this will be pre-ordered right away! Can't wait!