Google's Android Jelly Bean Statue Melts While Basking it Its Own Glory (and the Sun)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jelly-bean-statue-partially-melted-and-cordoned-off.png

Apparently, Android Jelly Bean is so incredible it's heat has melted its own statue in front of the Google offices. Well, okay, it was probably the Summer heat and sun that was the actual culprit, but it makes for an amusing story regardless. Yes, the brand new Jelly Bean Android statue that Googlers erected in their front yard, partially melted and its Android head came off. This information was recently conveyed by Google's Dan Morrill via his Google+ account. He also shared that they think someone made off with one of the Jelly Beans. Strange. Here's the full quote from his Google+ post which you can see at the source link below,

Jelly Bean is so ridiculously hot that the JB statue overheated, and his head partially melted and popped off.

And then we think somebody stole one of the jelly beans. People: please don't steal our jelly beans.

Anyway, they've got the poor guy coned off now, for your safety but mostly for mine. But fear not, the designer is already working on a bug fix.

I love the "working on a bug fix" comment. It's good to know they have the some of the top engineers in the world working on the conundrum. :D

Source: Google+ - Dan Morrill

JoDroid

Reaction score
I just got back from a seminar held at Google NYC office.... nothing cool there like in Cali... they didn't even have a Google pen or pin or anything to give out. I was all set to take some pics of cool stuff... but nothing. :shocked-b:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's been hot these past few days.

trumpet444

Reaction score
I'm sure that 'magnifying glass' of a domed container helped heat things up!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry i was aiming for some thing else

predator.jpg

shoulder.jpg

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Lol, PC misses again. The last time it was your neighbor's car wasn't it?

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I wonder if the clear dome shaped plastic had anything to do with the melting factor, you know like sunlight through a magnifying glass... wait I thought Google's engineer were highly educated :blink: It's almost ironic that the ICS statue didn't melt in the heat. If I pull an ics out of my freezer it's melted in like 2 minutes. Is it just me or does the jelly bean statue look smaller than all of the other statues. The cupcake and donut statues are huge but it seems with each new version of android Google spends a little less on the production of the statue. If Google goes with key lime pie as the version to follow JB who know how small it will be, they may just make the statue one slice as apposed to an entire pie. :wink-b:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Anyone who would be so foolish to steal one of the jellybeans will hopefully also be foolish enough to try to sell it or show it off to friends. Maybe someone will turn the creep in and he'll be waiting a long time for any chance to get a jellybean again.:mad:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Google should have a contest where people guess how many jb's are in the statue. My guess would be one less than their used to be. :crazy: