Google+

CJLee89

Reaction score
Google+ keeps enabling itself a few days after I disable it. What could cause this?

The only way I know this is happening is because I keep getting a market update notification for G+.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
By disable, do you mean you go to your apps & stop it? G+ will run in the background from time to time. You can go to Accounts & Sync, select your account & un-sync G+. That should cut down the times it runs in the background.

OP
C

CJLee89

Reaction score
By disable, do you mean you go to your apps & stop it? G+ will run in the background from time to time. You can go to Accounts & Sync, select your account & un-sync G+. That should cut down the times it runs in the background.
Nope. I go to Settings>>apps>>all apps>>Google+>>disable.

I did this again this morning. I bet in the next day or two it will enable itself again.

EDIT: I just enabled G+, unchecked the sync, and then disabled G+ again. We will see..

OP
C

CJLee89

Reaction score
Guess what?!?! The play store now wants to update G+ again. Is there anyway to disable this permanently?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Its going to keep doing that as long as it's installed. Un-syncing can cut down the resources it uses. But until you update it, it's going to keep prompting you to do so. Unless you uninstall it

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
C

CJLee89

Reaction score
Its going to keep doing that as long as it's installed. Un-syncing can cut down the resources it uses. But until you update it, it's going to keep prompting you to do so. Unless you uninstall it

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
When I disable G+, play store no longer wants to update. A day later and it wants to update and the app is now enabled in settings.