Google Wallet

montvalemike

Reaction score
unable to download Google wallet on the Galaxy S3, any way to get this on the the S3?

Amartinez4125

Reaction score
There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

These were my steps.
Root Device - How To
I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

You will need to edit the build.prop - How To
I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)

I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:

ozozznozzy

Reaction score
I searched through the forum here and saw nothing about this so figured I would ask. Google Wallet has now become accessible on Verizon, but the Touch and Pay feature is still blocked. The Spectrum 2 is obviously an NFC device and I ordered an NFC sim card from Verizon. Anyone found a working hack? The ones I have tried have been for the Samsung S4 and they crashed my device. Had to do a recovery.