Google wallet

mventura57

Reaction score
So... I've been searching the last few weeks for a Google wallet apk to put on my phone, and i can't find one that is actually working. Google got their stuff straightened out and it now is working again, but no older versions will. None of the gapps packages contain it, and there is no recent apk. If anyone has a recent version, PLEASE POST IT. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Go to market (play store). Then download the app called "get Google wallet" and follow the instructions. Works good and gives you the links etc

EVIL_CLAW

Reaction score
I'd do it but since I only use AMEX, guess I'm outta luck. I'm sure as hell not putting my MC check card on there and not doing the Google pre paid card either. :blink: Since my AMEX card has the rfid chip in it anyway I just use it that way. However, I 'm finding more stores doing away with that tech as they say it wasn't beneficial for them, Best Buy being one of them. I was shocked and told the guy there that it always worked for me but he said that very few people used it so they canned it. BOoo!!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd do it but since I only use AMEX, guess I'm outta luck. I'm sure as hell not putting my MC check card on there and not doing the Google pre paid card either. :blink: Since my AMEX card has the rfid chip in it anyway I just use it that way. However, I 'm finding more stores doing away with that tech as they say it wasn't beneficial for them, Best Buy being one of them. I was shocked and told the guy there that it always worked for me but he said that very few people used it so they canned it. BOoo!!
ehh, i'd say might as well try it out with the google prepaid card, afterall, they do give you 10 free dollars on it

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you flash Sourcery ROM, you can get it through their toolbox!!!!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried this method and no love. Guess VZW caught on to the workaround. Are there any other methods out there to get the official app without having to root? I just got my Nexus a little over a week ago so I am a bit late to the game.

They(VZW)just sent me a CLND,and I redownlaoded GW just 2 day a go,just the way nubby posted,and it worked for me.May I ask,are you sure your doing it step by step?,cos if you miss a step,its not gonna work.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
They(VZW)just sent me a CLND,and I redownlaoded GW just 2 day a go,just the way nubby posted,and it worked for me.May I ask,are you sure your doing it step by step?,cos if you miss a step,its not gonna work.

I thought maybe I was missing a step so I've gone back and tried again a few times. Followed the instructions exactly, even followed along with the video. Still not working...I think my issue is where the sign-in is needed. I did initially sign out of the Market/Play Store, and then went through this process. When I get to the sign-in, I log in, then follow the steps, and when it opens in the Play Store I still get the message of "This has been blocked by your carrier" and no option to install it.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can give you the most recent .apk, but every time it's updated you'll have to side-load the new version again. Luckily, I linked my side-loaded wallet app before the market became "play store" and now my wallet updates from within the play store. I'll have to upload it as a zip though and you'll have to extract it. I'm emailing it to myself now. I'll edit my post with the attachment.

edit: apparently 4.38 MB is too big of an upload for this forum. :p so he's a link to a place I uploaded it to.

[url]http://www.filefactory.com/file/2eyfyvoll4h9/n/Google_Wallet_zip[/URL]

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought maybe I was missing a step so I've gone back and tried again a few times. Followed the instructions exactly, even followed along with the video. Still not working...I think my issue is where the sign-in is needed. I did initially sign out of the Market/Play Store, and then went through this process. When I get to the sign-in, I log in, then follow the steps, and when it opens in the Play Store I still get the message of "This has been blocked by your carrier" and no option to install it.
Thats very interesting,I have no ideal why your having trouble.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Thats very interesting,I have no ideal why your having trouble.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either. May have something to do with Market vs. Play Store? Not sure...

do you just need the wallet app? the latest version can be found here just install as a regular app...

This worked...thank you! At least, it's installed...I'm gonna go try it out at lunch and see if it actually works. Lunch on Google today (hopefully). ;)

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Looks like it functions! Just made a transaction at a local convenience store. The cashier was blown away. LOL. I thought it was pretty cool too...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like it functions! Just made a transaction at a local convenience store. The cashier was blown away. LOL. I thought it was pretty cool too...

Yeah, I wish it had that effect when I used mine...I don't even live in a big town either but apparently they have seen someone do it before lol