Google Wallet Update

CJLee89

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in getting this update? If I scroll over to all apps I see it needs an update...previously I have been able to update this with no problem. Now it says my device is unsupported. VZW Galaxy Nexus

EDIT: I have recently switched from stock ICS to Bugless Beast Jelly Bean build.

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The latest version I have was released in early August and its the first version to link to any credit card. Verizon Nexus owners aren't able to get the app from the Play Store directly. One of the easiest and most popular methods of getting it on your phone is to download the .apk file directly and side load it on your phone. I don't have the source link handy that I grabbed the apk from but if you do a search here, no doubt you'll find the thread.

Now, if there's an update since last week...that's a different story and I don't know about that one.

OP
C

CJLee89

Reaction score
The latest version I have was released in early August and its the first version to link to any credit card. Verizon Nexus owners aren't able to get the app from the Play Store directly. One of the easiest and most popular methods of getting it on your phone is to download the .apk file directly and side load it on your phone. I don't have the source link handy that I grabbed the apk from but if you do a search here, no doubt you'll find the thread.

Now, if there's an update since last week...that's a different story and I don't know about that one.
Here is what the app store says.
View attachment 55790

Play Store: 1.5-R79-v5
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel

I have 1.5-R75-v6 installed

Last edited:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6

delcopa

Reaction score
If anyone has a hard time finding the update PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

I would throw up a link but not sure if that would go over well.

pool_shark

Reaction score
For the last update I changed the build.prop file. It's much easier that hunting and hoping to trust the apk.

slider112

Reaction score
Here's the method I used:

I updated Google Wallet on my Nexus 7, then used ES File Explorer to back up the apk. I then uploaded the apk to my Dropbox, pulled it down to my GNex and installed it like normal over my existing version that was "out of date". Everything works perfectly, just as if I had updated straight from the Play Store. I was all set to side load an apk I grabbed online, but did a little digging and decided on this method instead. I'm sure most, if not all, of the Wallet apk's that are floating around out there on the interweb are safe, but this way I know exactly where the file came from. Don't usually worry about that for most apps; Wallet is a little different.

Honestly, I had no idea ES File Explorer could back up apk's... cool program. Hope this helps somebody out there :biggrin:

zero7404

Reaction score
Here's the method I used:

I updated Google Wallet on my Nexus 7, then used ES File Explorer to back up the apk. I then uploaded the apk to my Dropbox, pulled it down to my GNex and installed it like normal over my existing version that was "out of date". Everything works perfectly, just as if I had updated straight from the Play Store. I was all set to side load an apk I grabbed online, but did a little digging and decided on this method instead. I'm sure most, if not all, of the Wallet apk's that are floating around out there on the interweb are safe, but this way I know exactly where the file came from. Don't usually worry about that for most apps; Wallet is a little different.

Honestly, I had no idea ES File Explorer could back up apk's... cool program. Hope this helps somebody out there :biggrin:

where did u find the wallet apk stored ? its just a simple copy of the apk or is there another file that goes with it ?

i skipped market enabler and just modified the buildprop file to a different provider so i can dl the app from google play

posted via android ....

slider112

Reaction score
where did u find the wallet apk stored ? its just a simple copy of the apk or is there another file that goes with it ?

i skipped market enabler and just modified the buildprop file to a different provider so i can dl the app from google play

posted via android ....

The program automatically extracted it and backed it up to /sdcard/backups/apps; I just pulled it from there to my Dropbox. With enough digging I could prob find it's original location, prob /data/apps, but it's not really necessary. Anyway, that's the only file needed, no others go with it. It's exactly the same as updating from the Play Store or side loading the apk on your own, just that with this method I know exactly where the apk has been (i.e. - Play Store -> Nexus 7 -> Dropbox -> GNex) and that nobody has potentially screwed around with it.

zero7404

Reaction score
The program automatically extracted it and backed it up to /sdcard/backups/apps; I just pulled it from there to my Dropbox. With enough digging I could prob find it's original location, prob /data/apps, but it's not really necessary. Anyway, that's the only file needed, no others go with it. It's exactly the same as updating from the Play Store or side loading the apk on your own, just that with this method I know exactly where the apk has been (i.e. - Play Store -> Nexus 7 -> Dropbox -> GNex) and that nobody has potentially screwed around with it.

i dont think there's any magic to extracting or backing up an app .... any file explorer with root capability can be used

i looked in data\app and found the apk, copied it over to where i keep my standalone apps ...

all i was curious about was whether it is just one file or more than one that makes up an app ...

posted via android ....

slider112

Reaction score
Pardon me.

No, no magic. Just one file.

You also don't need root with ES, or Astro for that matter. Just FYI.

OP
C

CJLee89

Reaction score
Sorry for the lateness...

I edited my build.prop to get the latest wallet and will continue to switch over everytime an update is released. My question is would it hurt my phone to leave it modified all the time?

I edited with this:
Code:
[COLOR=#222225][FONT=Arial]ro.product.name = yakju[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222225][FONT=Arial]ro.product.device = maguro[/FONT][/COLOR]

Tas

Reaction score
I added a new card to Google wallet and I can't seem to figure out how to add funds. When I go to my prepaid card it says my funds and to the right it has button to Add Funds. New Card has no balance and doesn't have button that says add funds. Anyone know what to do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus