Google Wallet question

shanimal92

Reaction score
I know the only credit card supported is the Citi Mastercard but you can open a prepaid card andadd funds from any credit card. im assumig everyone have used paypal at least once so you guys know you dont need money in your paypal account. if you buy something it just transfers funds from your linked bank account. is the google card like that or do i need to actually have the money on it like and actual prepaid card?

coverton341

Reaction score
When you first run wallet it makes a prepaid card for you and adds ten dollars to it. From there you click the card and there is an add funds option and you can use any card to add funds. Try to use the ten dollars first though, some people have had trouble with the app closing and not completing the transaction.

Sent via pixie dust, blasted through a Galaxy Nexus

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just loaded it on mine this morning, haven't tried yet ...

I think it's great that you can use the pre-paid, and they give you $10 for trying it out.

some were posting on DL about being cautious about it in general. Well:

1. XDA has never screwed the commmunity over, so no fear there about the APK.

2. As far as CC's in general, then if you do use one of your cards to add funds to the pre-paind one, don't save it in the app!

I realize the concerns some have over security, but you really can't get screwed on this, the worst that could happen right now is I'd be out $10 that was given to me free in the first place :)

That said though, I'm assuming you are using apaypal CC linked to your paypal acc, which then replenishes from your bank, that would work.

azgdds

Reaction score
Just installed the APK! Worked great. I will try it tonight.