Google Wallet Now Works With AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've only used GW to pay friends when I'm out and don't have cash. I don't know of any retailers who accept it as payment.

shockracer

Reaction score
I've been using both for awhile now, I've switched to using SoftCard more because of the free money they give to you for using SoftCard.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've only used GW to pay friends when I'm out and don't have cash. I don't know of any retailers who accept it as payment.

I've used the tap and pay function mostly at convenience stores, drug stores, fast food restaurants, and some vending machines. You can actually use it pretty much anywhere that's setup to accept MasterCard PayPass even if the reader doesn't specifically mention Google Wallet.

In a reaction to the release of Apple Pay, some retailers who are members of the Merchant Customer Exchange that used to accept Google Wallet removed it from their stores late last year in attempt to push the MCE's own upcoming mobile payment system called CurrentC. While they won't outright say it, the biggest reason for wanting to adopt their own system is to get out of paying as much in credit card fees.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Okay, silly question, but if you can use it pretty much anywhere that is set up for Mastercard paypass, does the card on file in GW have to be MC as well?

Sent from my Note 4

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need to pay better attention. I've never noticed a MasterCard paypass before.

GW can be linked to any card so I doubt it matters.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Correct, as long as you have the card you want to use connected to your GW acct, your good to go. But on its own your physical GW card should have a MasterCard logo on the back. Here's a picture of mine with some sloppy PicsArt editing.
GBtDvdb.jpg

S5 tap'n

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I have NEVER had the nerve to pull out my GW card to pay for something, like dinner at a restaurant or at the ballpark. Has anyone used the physical card that way?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh you have a physical card. I thought you used the NFC and application.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I need to pay better attention. I've never noticed a MasterCard paypass before.

GW can be linked to any card so I doubt it matters.

In stores it's usually located at the top of a card reader. Some fast food restaurants have it on the drive thru window.

You can use the MasterCard PayPass Locator app to find locations near you that offer it.

Oh you have a physical card. I thought you used the NFC and application.

I don't have a physical card. I use NFC via my phone. It works just fine with PayPass.

I believe cr6 was just using the card as an example of the link between Google Wallet and MasterCard's PayPass system.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nice. It works at one location in the mall....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Okay, silly question, but if you can use it pretty much anywhere that is set up for Mastercard paypass, does the card on file in GW have to be MC as well?

Sent from my Note 4

I believe it will work with any payment method you have designated as the default. My default payment method is a linked MasterCard, so I can't verify that though.