Google Wallet and false advertising.

pyro6128

Reaction score
You can't really blame google wallet for certain stores' policies. Have you ever noticed how in some places you have to sign a receipt when you use a debit card and other places you don't (subway being one that immediately comes to mind). You just have to accept that as big as google is, they only have so much control. In some places you'll be able to just tap and go like it states. In other places you may need to sign. I wouldn't say you're being ignorant or anything like was said before, you're just being a tad overly harsh. You went to a place that required you to sign and what not. When you go to a place where you won't have to, then you'll be able to enjoy the tap and go experience.

But as you said, you don't have to open the app first. In fact they make it a point of telling you that explicitly.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I understand the security with the pin number, but why can't you enter the pin number before placing the phone on the pad the first time. The amount I purchased was $11.74 and they made me sign for it. Google Wallet will be just a fad if this continues.

You can enter The pin then put it up against the sensor. That's how I usually do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

Reaction score
You can enter The pin then put it up against the sensor. That's how I usually do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I never tried to put in the pin number first. I did it per Googles instructions. I'll try putting in the pin number first on my next purchase.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
sorry....wrong thread...deleted

Last edited:

Jamar

Reaction score
Just wanna put this out there... a signature requirement is dependent on the merchant you're purchasing from. Has nothing to do with Google Wallet.

wil318466

Reaction score
This thread is pretty funny. There's nothing wrong with Google Wallet, and it's by no means false advertising.

norml2000

Reaction score
Worked fine for me every time I used it. Turned on phone, placed on terminal, transaction was completed and showed me the receipt on my phone. No sig, no pin required. I am fully expecting though that some merchants will still require a signature and that is not a fault of Google Wallet.

famac!

Reaction score
I tried to use it twice. Tapped phone, entered pin, it says sent. Cashier keeps getting "credit card declined." What went wrong?

You are broker than a glass that fell off a table??

jay80z

Reaction score
not really false advertising. nice try but you don't have a very good lawsuit against Google.