Google Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumns

Reaction score
how do i change the preexisting number set for voicemail?

thank you hackthedroid for invite

GoGators

Reaction score
Google Voice Invite

This forum looks like there are some really great members. Does anyone have a spare invite? I will return the favor once I am up and running.
[email protected]

greenchicken

Reaction score
New here, great forum

so what if you have friends and family on google and use it to make all out calls and use it to give to everyone as your phone number....

Does that mean all calls are free?

bodean

Reaction score
What is google voice? A free phone number (like making a call over the internet)?

searayman

Reaction score
New here, great forum

so what if you have friends and family on google and use it to make all out calls and use it to give to everyone as your phone number....

Nope you will not get free calls that way because although your making your call "through" your Google number it is still using your carriers service.

greenchicken

Reaction score
New here, great forum

Nope you will not get free calls that way because although your making your call "through" your Google number it is still using your carriers service.

ok thanks,I think I get it

searayman

Reaction score
What is google voice? A free phone number (like making a call over the internet)?

If you haven't read my link at the start of this thread that may help, its now posted in my signature below. But I would think of Google voice as a service you phone calls go through so you can do extra things with your phone calls.

Like you make a call on Verizon and it goes through Google and then reaches your friends phone you are calling. Or if your friend calls you the call goes through Google before it reaches your phone.

This allows you to use Google to record calls and save your voice mail online or create personalized voice mail greetings for groups or individuals.

If you got any more questions feel free to ask

hockeypro889

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how to set up the visual voicemail? i found a guide online and followed it but then i tried to get the call forwarding to work it didnt work.

searayman

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how to set up the visual voicemail? i found a guide online and followed it but then i tried to get the call forwarding to work it didnt work.

just use the google voice app for android and you can visually see all your voice mail. What do you mean by can't set it up. Are you using a Google voice number or your own number?

thegipper

Reaction score
Seems interesting, i'd like to give it a try if anyone has an invite available [email protected] So once you get this, it basically becomes your permanent phone number? ie, you no longer give out your cell/home/work line, just give ppl your google number? Does it forward txt too? Going back now to 2nd page to read review.

hockeypro889

Reaction score
I couldn't get the call forwarding to set up. So if someone tried to call me and leave a voicemail it says please enter the number you are trying to call as this one is not valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.