Google Voice

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems like my Google voice app gets slower as the day goes on. I use it for my voicemails and texting. Has anybody noticed this? Should I reinstall?

csimo

Reaction score
Sometimes Google Voice is just slow. It's not unusual for GV texts to be delayed 5 minutes or more.

I don't think this has anything to do with your X.

-Joe

abe7333

Reaction score
A quick question. Do you guys think that I could disconnect my message services and just have google voice text message?

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

csimo

Reaction score
A quick question. Do you guys think that I could disconnect my message services and just have google voice text message?

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

Not if you text to any short codes, or if you use the mobile text option of the IM services like AIM. Google Voice doesn't support them.

-Joe

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Send from Droid X
If by message services you mean texting with Verizon, then yes, thats what I do on 2 phones. I haven't used any minutes or texts at all.

If you mean messaging services such as Yahoo, or AIM, then no.

huskyla27

Reaction score
It seems like my Google voice app gets slower as the day goes on. I use it for my voicemails and texting. Has anybody noticed this? Should I reinstall?

My google voice stopped letting calls come through. I can text fine, but I don't get calls anymore. Sucks

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

My google voice stopped letting calls come through. I can text fine, but I don't get calls anymore. Sucks

I would definitely uninstall and reinstall, and if that doesn't work, I would contact Google support.

huskyla27

Reaction score

I would definitely uninstall and reinstall, and if that doesn't work, I would contact Google support.

hey I tried that but nothing

thinkmega

Reaction score
Try this:

Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Google Voice->Clear Data.

I just came to realize recently that the phone gets slow down because application cache / data buildup. Yes, "Clean Cache" app helps. But I dont think it cleans application cache as thorough as this manual visit. Other than that, I've been using GV for over a year and happy with most of the features...

huskyla27

Reaction score
Try this:

Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Google Voice->Clear Data.

I just came to realize recently that the phone gets slow down because application cache / data buildup. Yes, "Clean Cache" app helps. But I dont think it cleans application cache as thorough as this manual visit. Other than that, I've been using GV for over a year and happy with most of the features...

Thank you so much, but it didn't fix the issue. My GV used to work, then it just stopped receive calls

ryanm

Reaction score
All I can say is that I had 136 missed calls and that cost me $60 bc google voice used my minutes

thinkmega

Reaction score
All I can say is that I had 136 missed calls and that cost me $60 bc google voice used my minutes

ok. you might want to review everything:

1. login gv from a PC,
. make sure the "Do-not-Disturb" is not checked;
. make sure your cell # checked as forward #;
. review other settings (as I dont remember what they are, :) ) and make sure they are not the causes;

2. if you continue to experience problems, I would reinstall GV, or the entire ROM (is your phone rooted?).

Hope it helps.

thinkmega

Reaction score
2. Change the forward # to a landline one and test it out. If it works, the gv portion is fine. Now you can consider what you want to re-install, app or ROM.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think thinkmega's replies were meant for huskyla27.

Huskyla -- the app itself and your phone really don't control your incoming GV calls. The items that thinkmega mentions are what you should be checking.