Google Voice

bigcurt

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently with Verizon with moto droid. Is there a way to just use Google Voicemail with the droid without changing numbers? Everytime I dial that *71thenphonenumber it gives me an error from Verizon.

Thanks,
Curt

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is how plenty of people use GV, including myself. Not sure why your setup is getting choked up. Try starting over, and avoid using the app to setup the service. Some report problems with the app, and have no problems doing the setup manually.

Also, not to make you feel stupid or ask a dumb question, do you have a GV account? They're still by invite only, and without one, your setup will indeed fail.

Good luck.

OP
B

bigcurt

Reaction score
It's weird. When I dial *86 on my phone..it goes to my Google Voicemail. However, when I dial my phone number and wait for voicemail..it goes to VZW voicemail.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Currently with Verizon with moto droid. Is there a way to just use Google Voicemail with the droid without changing numbers? Everytime I dial that *71thenphonenumber it gives me an error from Verizon.
You're not changing numbers with *71. You're just setting up conditional forwarding. I'd suggest calling 611 to see what the issue is. What's the error?

OP
B

bigcurt

Reaction score
You're not changing numbers with *71. You're just setting up conditional forwarding. I'd suggest calling 611 to see what the issue is. What's the error?

Sorry about that everyone; it seems to have sort of fixed itself. When someone calls the number now it goes to Google Voicemail when it is supposed to.

Thanks,
Curt