1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by drguthrie, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drguthrie

drguthrie New Member

Does anyone have a Google Voice invite to email me? drguthrie@gmail.com if so. I gotta get this for my Droid! Thanks in advance.
  2. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Sorry boss gave mine all out.
  3. tomadoggy

tomadoggy New Member

I have Google voice.....and might have an invite if it is anything like the old gmail used to be. However in looking through my Google voice account, I cannot see anywhere that I can send an invite. If anyone can walk me through this I might be able to send out any invites....that is of course if I have any to send :greendroid:
  4. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy New Member

I could use an invite as well. If anyone has one they are willing to extend to me, sent it to jrc.customs@gmail.com

Thanks!
  5. SO0WAVEY

SO0WAVEY New Member

6. samredman

samredman New Member

I only got three invitations and gave them promptly to three people who would be classified as either "family or close associates," in other words, those whom I want to be able to have the google voice advantages for better communication with me. I think that's generally the way it works. Sending them off to strangers goes contrary to the way the ever widening circle was most likely designed to work.

It seems like following the "rule" of "six degrees of separation" that it wouldn't take long for someone to include you in their "significant" group of three (some may have received more than the three I got). Those I invited also got three each and they followed the same pattern of giving out the invitations which I did.

Stay patient... it'll come around or maybe you will get lonely person who doesn't want to enhance their communication tools.
  7. tomadoggy

tomadoggy New Member

Still willing to hand out invites.... and no samredman.... I aint lonely, just would rather offer them up rather than have them unused. That said there is not any "invite link" in the google voice interface that I see, it is not like gmail with that prevelantly displayed. So samredman, since you have had success sending your invites out, how about a tutorial for me (yes I can be a little slow)!
  8. ocholoco

ocholoco New Member

if anyone still has one i'd love one too... ochos.locos@gmail.com

i have google wave invite to trade

thanks
  9. samredman

samredman New Member

@tomadoggy -

Go to Google voice:

https://www.google.com/voice

Sign into your Google account if you aren't already logged in:

Your Google voice account inbox will appear. On the left hand column at the bottom you will see this:

[​IMG]

Click on that link and you will see this self-explanatory pop-up:

[​IMG]
  10. tomadoggy

tomadoggy New Member

No invites for Me.

View attachment 6280

Thanks a ton samredman....however I guess Google Voice decided not to give me any invites :mad:. I never sent any out, but as you can see from my interface, the link you show is not available to me.

Oh well at least we tried!
  11. rehuxley

rehuxley New Member

google voice invites

well, if anyone has any invites left over after all the people on this list get one, i'll take an invite too at rehuxley@gmail.com

Ron Huxley
  12. rehuxley

rehuxley New Member

well, if anyone has any invites left over after all the people on this list get one, i'll take an invite too at rehuxley@gmail.com

Ron Huxley
  13. spinnelli

spinnelli New Member

Is anyone kind enough to send me an invite too please? I just got my droid. dirtweiler@gmail.com

much appreciated
  14. samredman

samredman New Member

Hopefully, all of those seeking Google Voice invitations have already requested them from Google. If you haven't, then go to the link which follows and make your submission:

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

You get a form to make your request and enter your contact info. Here is what they say about your prospects:

Certainly, you should go through that step first. One of my contacts got his Google voice invitation in about two weeks after completing that form.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  15. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.