1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by usmcamgrimm, Jul 27, 2012.

1. usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm New Member

I've been using Google Voice for over a year now, first on my OG Droid and now on my Max. Somehow, I am now getting a notification that I have 2 voicemails and they don't show up in Google voice. When I click the notification or try to dial my VM, it goes straight to my Google voice, so I can't retrieve those 2 messages and I can't get rid of the notification.
    Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Daballa

Daballa New Member

If copies are being sent to your gmail of the notification you might try deleting them. Just to be sure delete them by logging on to your gmail through the browser and not the app. If they are there delete then and hit refresh. Just a shot in the dark.
  3. usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm New Member

I've never received copies through Gmail...
  4. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

Are the vm notifications gv, out stock Verizon voice mails?

If you have Verizon voice mail, you will have to switch over to Verizon Voicemail by deactivating gv.

Give me a minute and i will post the instructions.

Edit: ok, i could have sworn there were more numbers to dial but try this if the voice mail notifications are Verizon and you want to clear them.

Dial *73 and hit the call button. Phone will make a call but hang up. Then you should be able to dial into your Verizon vm with *86. After deleting Verizon vm, dial *71[followed by your gv #]and make the call. Your phone is now linked back to gv.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  5. usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm New Member

Thank you! Did the first 2 numbers, deleted the messages and cleared the notification, but when I called *71 with my gv #, I got a verizon wireless recording that said my feature update could not be completed.
  6. bocabean

bocabean Member

The GV website you explain what you need to do. I have put into my contact list a contact that I created "Google Voice Reactivate" which has the *718xxxxxxxxx number to call to reactivate my service.

Every once in a while, including when I was using my Blackberry, prior to the Maxx, a call would come in and slip into the Verizon Voice mail service. I was always able to quickly identify this situation by the different notification icon that came up. In those rare instances, I would dial the *73 to disable my voice mail. I have always left "1" as the stock voice mail shortcut and "9" as my Google vm shortcut. I would then just use "1" to retrieve and then delete the vm that went to the Verizon. Once I was done with that, all that I needed to do was to call my Google Voice Reactivate number from my address book. Might have to do it twice due to the phone company requirements, I'm not sure because I haven't had to do this recently, but it does work. Having set it up this way, I never need to do anything on the GVM website. Not including listening to the wayward vm, the whole process should be done in less than 60 seconds.

I have had to do this maybe once so far since switching to the Maxx in June, and it works exactly the same way.

You might want to check the GVM website to ensure that you haven't deleted your phone or made so other inadvertent changes.
  7. usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm New Member

Thanks for the help and info...I guess I probably should have checked the gv website first.
Search tags for this page
droid maxx google now locked voice dial
droid razr maxx hd turn on google voice
google droid maxx voice
google voice and droid razr maxx hd

google voice not motorola droid

google voice on droid maxx

google voice on droid razr maxx hd

google voice razr maxx

how to record voicemails on motorola razr maxx
how to turn off google voice on your droid razr maxx
how to turn remove google voice on razr maxx