Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by ryanm, Nov 9, 2009.

1. romeov

romeov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's great news. I would say a week might be pushing it though, right now as far as I know two weeks seems to be the shortest time to get an number. I could be wrong though, and either way, you need your verizon number set up anyways, so you can get used to the phone and just switch over to google voice when you get the number and set it up, enjoy!

2. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Question about this google voice system:

Can you select who sees ya mobile number or Google number? Is that something that can be done?

3. Audiophobe

Audiophobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to who gave me the invite.
    Works reasonably well. People do mumble and talk fast so no complaints about mistakes.
    But............ if the message is more than a couple of lines it comes up as multiple posts- Not a big deal, but my last message was long and after 2-3 posts it dropped (ended). I don't know if there's a length limit or if there was some other prob.

#15 Audiophobe, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. romeov

romeov Member

Ratings:
    +0

If you connect the call using google voice, it will always show your google voice number as your caller ID. You have to set it up from the google voice app to do that in your phone though

5. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for replying.

6. Audiophobe

Audiophobe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I'm having a major problem. Since the google voice to text is far from perfect (people who leave voicemails may speak quickly and not clearly) there are times I would like to check the actual voice mail to get missed information. I can't seem to access the actual voicemail from the links with the text.
    And, when I go to check voicemail via the voicemail icon on the phone keypad (the one to the left that looks like a film cartridge) it conect to my # and my message. If I can't fix this, as much as I like the voice to text, I'll have to delete it.
    Can anyone help?

7. Leastbay

Leastbay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not getting the texts or emails when i get a voicemail. i tested it and when someone called the phone it said to press pound and then my number, after that a message was left but I got no notification. Anyone know how to fix this? I dont want it asking people to input my number when they leave a message either.

8. joegrind

joegrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the Google Voice Dialer free app? You can play it through there on your phone.

9. ryanm

ryanm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys with problems should start a new thread.

Settings - Call Settings - Voicemail number - (Put the number that you see in the upper right when you log into google voice inbox)

10. nitsud

nitsud New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This doesn't work. For some reason google voice doesn't recognize the phone when that number is set as the voicemail number in settings. If I take it out and dial my google number it works correctly.

11. QiG

QiG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm pretty sure I followed everything in this thread, but to be sure I want to ask:

I'd like to keep my regular Verizon number for regular phone calls, but if I want to use text messaging through GV, I'd have to give everyone that new # to use? I know most modern phones have the ability to store two phone numbers for one contact name, but people can be finicky at times with these kinds of things.

I suppose if I simply gave everyone the google voice phone number, had the call forwarding set-up and said to use it exclusively it wouldn't really matter in the end.

Search tags for this page
android 1323 google.co.uk
block caller from leaving voicemail
block people from leaving voicemail on android
block someone from leaving a voicemail verizon
d android have a app to block a person from leaving a voicem
google voice could not verify phone number
how to block numbers from leaving voicemail droid dna

how to block someone from leaving a voicemail

how to block someone from leaving voicemails samsung galaxy
verizon can you block a person from leaving a voicemail