Google Voice

flipteg

Reaction score
Well I tried to install it and said my service provider won't support it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

i think this is the popup that appears saying that automatic voice mail setup is not supported by the carrier. meaning if people calls your Verizon number and you don't pick up, it will forward it to Google Voice so you can use their Voice app for visual voice mail. i think this is the setup that popup is talking about.

i'm not sure if Verizon has a feature to forward to a different number if you don't pick up the phone, but if you use your Google Voice exclusively anyways, it doesn't matter.

jimmybro1

Reaction score
Your correct. That is the message I get. Then I have someone call my number and leave a message to see if it comes through and it don't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

flipteg

Reaction score
you have to go to your Google Voice account on your computer and on the upper right hand corner, click on settings. you have to manually activate the phone number there. under the settings menu, under your Verizon phone number, click on edit and then click on "show advanced settings". at the bottom is "forwarding options". when you click activate, it will display a set of numbers that you have to dial on your phone's keypad. for me, it asks me to dial *71########## where ### is my Google Voice number.

Scouser

Reaction score
So just got my Rezound, unlocked and rooted. I am wondering if I can put Google Voice on the lock screen instead of the "Messaging" app. Similarly, can I also put Gmail in instead of the default "mail" app. Also, is there any way to have the lock screen and pattern lock be the same, rather than two different screens? This seems really stupid of HTC Sense.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lock screen changes can be made by Personalize > Display > Lock Screen Shortcuts

Lots of people have have complained about the double lock, and I dont think there's a good fix yet. Widgetlocker wont work until they implement their own security features.

JTAcres

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been running Google voice from my AT&T Atrix for quite some time and I've had good luck. I'm slowly bringing things over to my work phone though with is a RAZR. It updated to ICS the other day and I'm liking it so far. It seems as if google voice also updated at the same time. Since trying to put google voice on my RAZR, it won't work!!! If I try to sign in just by hitting the button for the one account, it gives me a "Your account status could not be loaded. Please try again." If I try to log in manually by entering in the e-mail and password for it it says "signing in" for quite some time and then eventually will give a "network error" message. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc.

Anything that I can try? Any help you can offer? I use google voice for my side business so having no working phone for it isn't a good thing!!!! lol

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I've been using Google Voice for over a year now, first on my OG Droid and now on my Max. Somehow, I am now getting a notification that I have 2 voicemails and they don't show up in Google voice. When I click the notification or try to dial my VM, it goes straight to my Google voice, so I can't retrieve those 2 messages and I can't get rid of the notification.
Anyone have any ideas?

Daballa

Reaction score
If copies are being sent to your gmail of the notification you might try deleting them. Just to be sure delete them by logging on to your gmail through the browser and not the app. If they are there delete then and hit refresh. Just a shot in the dark.

Reaction score
Are the vm notifications gv, out stock Verizon voice mails?

If you have Verizon voice mail, you will have to switch over to Verizon Voicemail by deactivating gv.

Give me a minute and i will post the instructions.

Edit: ok, i could have sworn there were more numbers to dial but try this if the voice mail notifications are Verizon and you want to clear them.

Dial *73 and hit the call button. Phone will make a call but hang up. Then you should be able to dial into your Verizon vm with *86. After deleting Verizon vm, dial *71[followed by your gv #]and make the call. Your phone is now linked back to gv.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
Thank you! Did the first 2 numbers, deleted the messages and cleared the notification, but when I called *71 with my gv #, I got a verizon wireless recording that said my feature update could not be completed.

bocabean

Reaction score
The GV website you explain what you need to do. I have put into my contact list a contact that I created "Google Voice Reactivate" which has the *718xxxxxxxxx number to call to reactivate my service.

Every once in a while, including when I was using my Blackberry, prior to the Maxx, a call would come in and slip into the Verizon Voice mail service. I was always able to quickly identify this situation by the different notification icon that came up. In those rare instances, I would dial the *73 to disable my voice mail. I have always left "1" as the stock voice mail shortcut and "9" as my Google vm shortcut. I would then just use "1" to retrieve and then delete the vm that went to the Verizon. Once I was done with that, all that I needed to do was to call my Google Voice Reactivate number from my address book. Might have to do it twice due to the phone company requirements, I'm not sure because I haven't had to do this recently, but it does work. Having set it up this way, I never need to do anything on the GVM website. Not including listening to the wayward vm, the whole process should be done in less than 60 seconds.

I have had to do this maybe once so far since switching to the Maxx in June, and it works exactly the same way.

You might want to check the GVM website to ensure that you haven't deleted your phone or made so other inadvertent changes.