Google Voice

tennvol

Reaction score
You need to use a google voice dialer to avoid charges on calls. Add the number to you FnF and dial using the call back app

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Songman

Reaction score
A little secret tip for you...We put our GV#'s on our VZW Freinds&F@milyPlan, so those calls are now INCLUDED@ N/C. Shhhh plz!

Check your usage, I am sure this is not the case. I have been using GV with VZW Friends and Family for 2 years on my WinMo phone. Now that I switched over and started using the GV app on my Incredible, the app seems to use random access numbers that are not in my F&F list. This means I am now making calls to non-VZW numbers and am getting charged the minutes for them. This has drastically changed my bill. Calling VZW today to adjust before the big penalties come. I'd recommend you check your account ASAP.

See my post above. The random numbers are part of the latest update from GV. Follow the link I posted and go back to GV version 0.3 and it will go back to the same old access number. Then just make sure to never update GV. I did this last week and it works like a charm.

Songman

Reaction score
Not sure if you were asking me that or someone else... Personally, I don't have any problem with calls. I have my phone set to ask me on each call if I want to use GV or normal. I do this because I don't want to call my friends and family who are on Verizon using GV since if I use the normal Verizon number it is free for us both. If I call a business or other number that is not Verizon I use GV. Since I reloaded version 0.3, it dials the same old access number each time and since that is in my F&F the calls are free.

I can't say anything about texting since I haven't used GV for that. Unlimited texting is part of my plan so I never thought about it.

thezooman

Reaction score
Installation was unsuccessful on my Pro

created voice account - download app - during installation if 'hanging' no pun intended - on one of the steps - Call Settings readining messages.
Uninstalled Voice - downloaded again - opened Voice and same screen appears

Cloud3

Reaction score
I am trying to set up google voice, but at the set-up-pin screen, pop up keeps telling me that google voice can't verify my phone number and makes me go back.anyone with same problem and even better, a solution?

-Cloud

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Yea u have to go online like with a computer and go to google voice. Go in with your gmail id and sent it up then theres a part u put in your real phone number, it gives u a 2 number code. Then google calls your phone and u type in that number and it works lol. Im not the best of step by step but u will get it go to google voice online.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

cullenisprime

Reaction score
Im on Focused 1.9.7 and every time i reboot the phone the google voice widget disappears. I unintall and re-install from the market but when i turn off phone its gone. Anyone else experience this?

Also....this might be a google voice issue... but i never had a problem like this before on the previous version of rubix.... but.... i cant seem to get google voice completly set up. When i dial the *71(my phone #) to set it up.. it hangs up like it says its supposed to... but it never syncs fully.

that second part could be a problem with voice.. im more concerned with widget disappearing from the home screen on reboot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked for some sort of post but i didnt find what i was looking for. Thanks in advance for any help

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

I have a idea I dont know if this will fix it but try installing a theme such as juicemane or linear and see if it fixes it maybe something in the installation is corrupted and themes do replace certain files. Second thing is try reinstalling the whole rom again. Or I can give you a custom google voice apk and try that? The fourth is maybe google voice is installed onto sdcard? I believe that should be the answer because whenever you have a program installed to the sdcard and you are using a widget upon restart you will have to reapply it no matter what. If you have any questions please pm me =D.

cullenisprime

Reaction score
Yep.. I just moved the app from the SD card to the phone and rebooted and it works. I cant believe I didnt think of that. I am slipping. Thanks!!!!

jimmybro1

Reaction score
Does anyone know the trick to get Google voice to work on the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jimmybro1

Reaction score
Well I tried to install it and said my service provider won't support it.

rjcapp

Reaction score
what does google voice do ?