Google Voice Transcription and messaging

Jagphd

Reaction score
Greetings. A complete Smartphone noob here so please be gentle.

Just got an LG Ally and installed Google Voice.

My voice mails are being transcribed and I can read them using the Messaging App - all of them are transcribed there. They show up in notifications.

However if I use the Google Voice App to read the voice mails not all of the transcriptions that are in Messaging show up in Google Voice.

Is this a glitch? Do I need to change a setting?

I realize that I can just read the transcriptions using Messaging as a work-around.

Thank you

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My voice mails are being transcribed and I can read them using the Messaging App - all of them are transcribed there. They show up in notifications.
In the stock messaging app? If so, be aware that you will incur charges for those notifications (or they'll count against your messaging plan).

However if I use the Google Voice App to read the voice mails not all of the transcriptions that are in Messaging show up in Google Voice.
Sounds like a timing issue. There's a Refresh option in the menu in the GV app that will probably help. Make sure you have sync enabled in the GV app settings.

OP
J

Jagphd

Reaction score
In the stock messaging app? If so, be aware that you will incur charges for those notifications (or they'll count against your messaging plan).

Thanks for the info - just changed my settings.

Another glitch. - When I listed to the voicemails in Google Voice the first time through there is no sound. I have to listen a second time to hear anything. Yes the speaker is turned on.

phxslayer

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? My Wife's Ally does the same thing. Have to play it twice every time. I've never had problems on my Droid.