1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice SMS question

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Jages16, May 11, 2010.

1. Jages16

Jages16 New Member

Sorry if this has been answered before but there is so much GV stuff out there, that I could be searchign forever....so I just started using GV for texting but have a question. When someone replies to my text, it goes to GV and also to the standard messaging app from a new number. Is there a way to have it not go to the default messaging app and just GV. I'm assuming if I reply in the standard messaging app then it's nor free through GV anymore correct? Thanks in advance!
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I'm not having this problem, but I think I know your problem. Go to google.com/voice, settings(top right corner), then go to "voicemail & sms", then uncheck "Send a text (SMS) message to: xxx-xxx-xxxx"
  3. Jages16

Jages16 New Member

That only is for calls. I have that unchecked as I don't want a text for that either. There has to be a way to turn this off though as it defeats the purpose of free SMS through GV. Anyone???
  4. Jages16

Jages16 New Member

I see somethign under phones for settings that says "Receive SMS on this phone (mobile phones only)" That is checked, but I'm assuming it means it's able to receive SMS through GV.
  5. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Well I don't know then, I don't get duplicates, just ones in GV.
  6. Jages16

Jages16 New Member

Well that stinks...so frustrating!
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

This is precisely why we have so many duplicate threads here. If you don't have luck with the DroidForums.net search function then don't overlook using Google and restricting it to this site. Learning to fish benefits you far more than having other hand you fish.

For example, with this topic, I'd use these keywords:
    Let me google that for you

First hit has a thread with your answer. :D

Close, but not quite. That's for SMS notification of voicemail messages. SMS forwarding settings can be found under:

Settings->Phones. Hit the Edit button for your phone and uncheck Receive SMS on this phone.

Nope. That means "forward SMS to my phone". That's exactly what you're looking for. The GV app receives SMS regardless of whether this is checked or not.
  8. searayman

searayman New Member

there is an option on the google voice website to turn off texts commign to phone. If you can not find it either look harder or open your messaging app on your phone and just turn off the notifications, that what i do
  9. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

@OP

that is how you fix it the GV APP get the messages you do not want it sending the messages to your cell number uncheck the box to send to your cell use the GV App made by Google and you will not get two messages

I stand corrected

Search tags for this page

ford sync google voice text

ford sync google voice text messages
ford sync s4 sms
google voice ford sync
using voice to text app with ford sync using droid a855