Google Voice Setup

pbcarch

Reaction score
I am new droid owner and would like to setup a Google Voice Account. I have dowloaded the app from the market but it will not recognize my phone, "Your phone number could not be verified. Please try again".
Any ideas as I keep trying and no luck??

pyro6128

Reaction score
You have to set up google voice online first, then you'll be able to use the app

stragabenz

Reaction score
I tried setting up google voice on my shiny new Gnex and when I get to the end it says something like this device or network provider does not support google voice blah blah. I just use google voice for my voicemail no phone calls. Anyone having issues setting up google voice? Or know of a work around to get it working?

JWellington

Reaction score
I had no such issues when using Google Voice; is your phone fully activated? 4G and all? Try rebooting and see if it helps.

stragabenz

Reaction score

empoweredh22

Reaction score
Remember in all the demo videos when Google Voice was supposed to be integrated into the people app? Yeah....is that working for anyone?

flyinion

Reaction score
Ran into the same thing when setting up voicemail. You just need to call the activation number (*71### where ### is your GV number) to get it to use GV for your VM.

More info here from the topic I made earlier: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ions/187774-using-google-voice-voicemail.html

Also if you are moving from a phone that is already set up with GV on the line you are using on your Nexus, you shouldn't have to dial that number. It just tells Verizon to forward the call to wherever instead of going to voicemail. In multiple ROM loads on my OG and then moving to my Nexus I've never had to dial the number again and it works just fine.