Google voice search vs Vlingo

pchakmak

Reaction score
I was very happy with vlingo but switched to Google voice search after I updated to 2.2. So far vlingo has worked much better, granted I only started using Google's today. Opinions about the two apps, thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
vlingo is much more accurate IMO. but hey its what works best for u

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Hardly use Google VS, but Vlingo never understand what I said...either my voice is too deep or my manhattan accent is interfering. Google VS has picked up everything I say

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use mainly Google and it's mostly worked for me. Vlingo is good, but it takes up more room (1 icon vs 4 icons).

shiccy

Reaction score
@aaf709 Vlingo has a 1x1 icon now, might be a new thing, but I have it on my desktop.

I live in NW Ohio. We have NO accent here. When radio/TV stars are trained 'how to speak' they're trained to sound like us b/c of the apparent lack of accent. This said, google voice has been absolute sh*t in the way of working for me. I literally don't even TRY to use it anymore b/c it's such a POS and am waiting for 2.2 and hoping for the best. This being said, I installed Vlingo a week or so ago, and not only is it more accurate, but it also puts appropriate (usually) punctuation when needed. For example, I've voice spoken a number of texts and it has placed not only "?"'s, but also "!"'s when needed / appropriately. I, for one, am supremely impressed with this piece of software!

On a pet peeve note, when speaking to Vlingo it does not detect/disable playing music/sounds. This makes for a bunch of fun w/ trying to get it to hear you. I haven't played with it while playing music, just hit it a few times, immediately cancelled before it gave results, and started over again.

Finally, it's less laggy from what I've seen.