Google voice search turns on at random?

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Anyone having any issues with their Turbo 2 turning on to google search for no reason? It just sits there on a white screen with the icon spinning on the top right and never does anything. It mostly happens when I grab the phone from my pocket and take it out, and boom the screen turns on? I've also heard the tone for google search while it's just resting in my pocket. It's driving me insane. Any help would be appreciated.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not experienced this, but someone on the Moto forum described something similar once. Try going into the Moto app > Menu (3 stars) > Actions > Lift For Moto Voice > Slide the toggle to Off. That is designed to trigger when you lift the phone to your ear using a certain motion and the Moto Voice comes through the ear speaker discretely instead of the main speaker. It could be that the Lift For Moto Voice option is kicking in because of a similar motion and then hanging up when she can't hear your commands.

OP
S

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I just toggled that feature off so I guess I'll see what happens from here.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the tip. I just toggled that feature off so I guess I'll see what happens from here.
Just curious....did you actually use it? I tried it once and didn't think it was very useful.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Use a different term. Mine constantly did it on my T1. As did my bosses T1. Happened to him in court. Imagine: I'm sorry your having trouble, let's talk later...while speaking in court.
Turned his off, used a different phrase on mine: fixed.

TapaTurboII

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Lift for voice? So, it'll trigger every time you pick the phone up? Pretty sure I prefer launching it by voice.

No, not very time...at least that's now how it's supposed to work. It is supposed to trigger Google Now by the specific motion of "lifting the phone to your ear". Then you can discretely ask for, and receive Google Now responses. I like that Moto keeps updating their Moto app and adding new features & functionality. I'm just not sure that this one is useful to me. If I really need a discrete response from Google Now, I'll just open the phone and type my question into the Google search bar.
Screenshot_2016-02-08-07-43-31.png

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. Dumb feature. And certainly not the cause here. I tried....hard...to get this feature to work. I could not. And the trigger issue here...it will happen just sitting in your pocket.

TapaTurboII

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

You are welcome! If Google Now does still trigger when you don't want it to after turning that feature off, I would go with @PereDroid 's suggestion and try to retrain your launch phrase. Hopefully one of those 2 options will get things working better again. :)

OP
S

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Just curious....did you actually use it? I tried it once and didn't think it was very useful.
Nope I never did use the feature, I didn't even realize that's what it was doing. Like it's been said, if I need to use google search I just use my phrase to wake the phone or just type it. So far the screen has not turned on since so I'm hoping that was it. The motion I was using must have triggered the action

Now I just need to figure out why my battery life is so terrible. I had the Droid Razr Maxx, and the Droid Maxx and both were awesome. This thing just can't get through a day for nothing.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nope I never did use the feature, I didn't even realize that's what it was doing. Like it's been said, if I need to use google search I just use my phrase to wake the phone or just type it. So far the screen has not turned on since so I'm hoping that was it. The motion I was using must have triggered the action

Now I just need to figure out why my battery life is so terrible. I had the Droid Razr Maxx, and the Droid Maxx and both were awesome. This thing just can't get through a day for nothing.
Hmmmm....we probably don't want to combine multiple issues into one thread, but you should definitely be getting through a whole day on one charge. I use mine hard moat days for about 16 hours off the charger and still have yet to go below 30% at the end of the day. Maybe a new thread for battery life? Lots of helpful people here, would probably be ready to help figure it out.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I must run my phone harder then anyone. I never come close to a full day. Not on this phone. Not on either of my Turbo's before it.

TapaTurboII

jaysood

Reaction score
The same thing is happening on the Note 4 too- I switched the OK Google off because it got annoying.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk