Google Voice - Real time notifications possible?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by myk.robinson, Jan 2, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. myk.robinson

myk.robinson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With the Google Voice app, is it possible to get real time notification of text messages and voicemails? I see where I can adjust the refresh rate to as low as every five minutes, but I prefer to receive the notification as soon as the text is actually received.

I did find that if I set GV to forward SMS to my email, I receive it by email instantly, then about five minutes later GV notification will popup with the same message.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,
    -myk
  2. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really a work around but I simply torn off google voice notifications all together and deal with it all through gmail. set up a couple of filters on gmail to automatically label a voicemail and sms then when the gmail notifications come in I simply archive and use that as an alert to go look at voicemail our use the gmail to respond to sms
  3. thistle

thistle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The GV app (by Evan Charlton) allows notifications within a minute. It's pretty rare that an event occurs just after the app polls so notifications are usually less than a minute in my experience. It's not real-time but more than sufficient imo.
Search tags for this page

google voice sms realtime

real time google voice

view google voice text real time