Google voice problem?

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Got my ThunderBolt yesterday and have had a ton of fun playing around with it so far but the only issue I came across was with setting up my Google voice voicemail. It says that my network doesn't allow automatic configuration and I'm completely stumped on what to do. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how do u get it working correctly?

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

urklegrue

Reaction score
I had the same problem. What I did was go to Google Voice on my computer, remove the voicemail from that line, and then put it back on (having to dial the number from the phone). Now it works fine.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i had zero issues. maybe you guys changed something before you got it.....

OP
ANGERisMYgift

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Should my voicemail number be set to just my Google voice number or should it start with *71?

jnashr

Reaction score
Same issue here....and no....did not change anything before the issue.

ericcsong

Reaction score
I'm having problems with google voice sending about half mt texts. some people get them and some people don't. never had this problem before. any suggestions?

OP
ANGERisMYgift

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
I just realized that I left my OG Droid on and connected to WiFi so maybe that is the source of my problem.. I just turned it off and am about to redo Google voice to see if it works.

jawa6969

Reaction score
Got the same error. I clicked cancel or whatever and it works like it used to. I dunno. I am calling it "Wrinkles that need to be ironed".

OP
ANGERisMYgift

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
Ok I turned off my OG Droid and uninstalled Google voice then uninstalled.... Still got same error, set it up like u said through my laptop and it seems to be working cept it goes to my recorded message instead of standard for some reason. I haye the sound of my voice so I prefer the standard greeting and have it set to that but still plays my retarded recording, ah well at least its working. Thanks for the help!

Sparky977

Reaction score
Got the same messages about automatic configuration not working. Just clicked through and it works just fine. I think it's just a weird glitch. Everything Google Voice related seems to be working just fine regardless.

flipteg

Reaction score
what the message is talking about is setting up Google Voice so that when someone call your Verizon number and you don't pick up, it will go to Google Voice voice mail instead of going to Verizon's voice mail.