1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Voice Problem

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Abe21599, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

Okay guys heres what im dealing with

I activated my google voice account so I can get my voicemails in text form. it activated fine but I used my brothers phone to try to leave me a voicemail, and I ran into a problem

when it gets to the voicemail, it prompts me to enter the number (my number) im calling and then press the pound key

I know a lot of people dont actually know my number(they just have it stored in their phone) so i feel this poses an inconvenience. Is there any way around this?

Thanks!
  2. timlitw

timlitw New Member

It is asking for the number they are calling from - to give you the reciever a caller id. You can go into google voice on the web and turn off this setting It is called call screening and is on the calls setting page at the top. if that is not it - try re-recording and selecting your outgoing message.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

i cant seem to find where your talking about for call screening

i have settings on my GV but the tabs are phone, voicemail, groups, widgets, billing, and account but I cant find it in any of those.

any further help?
  4. timlitw

timlitw New Member

I have a calls tab between voicemail and groups. But now I see that it turns on and off asking the caller to say thier name, not put in the phone number - are they calling your google voice number or are they calling your cell phone which is set to forward to google voice voicemail?
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

i have it set up to call my original cell phone number but my voicemail is changed to use google services.
  6. timlitw

timlitw New Member

try redoing your forwarding - it might be a problem with that, *71 and then your 10 digit Google voice number
  7. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

no finally fixed it yay! i changed my google number so the area code matches my phones area code (it changed it for me due to my current location - idk y) and i got the tab. YaY