1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google voice on Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Themsbball, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Themsbball

Themsbball New Member

Does using google voice use my regular Verizon minutes and will I still get charged? If so wat is the point of gv

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  2. klep33

klep33 New Member

The whole point is that it doesn't use minutes. I don't know what else to tell you.
  3. crumbete

crumbete New Member

That is incorrect. Google Voice is not a VoiP app and it will use your minutes. It will not use your texts, however. And the point is to have a separate, easily portable phone number, cheap international calls, free texts, and voicemail replacement.
  4. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

Oh wow so say if I were to set up a google voice account, and down the road i was with a friend who had a droid phone but I left mine at home and needed to make a call, I could just log in to google voice and do it?
Search tags for this page

google voice verizon s4