Google Voice on the Bionic?

debonorth

Reaction score
Is anyone getting Google Voice to work right on the Bionic? I see tons of complaints on the app purchase screen, all dated after our Bionic's birthday. It seemed we flooded the system as many tried to get it going after getting our new phones. The nightmares look bad. Can it work? I hear that if cannot be uninstalled. Yuck. And - can you use the app on the Bionic without porting your number to google?
I'm timid to try so far.

n3vqh

Reaction score
Works fine on mine. I use it instead of verizon txting. I didn't port my number i just tell everyone to txt me at that number that google gave me and call my verizon number.

Hope this helps
Mike

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
debonorth

debonorth

Reaction score
{QUOTE=n3vqh;1744973]Works fine on mine. I use it instead of verizon txting. I didn't port my number i just tell everyone to txt me at that number that google gave me and call my verizon number.

Hope this helps
Mike

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Do you use the voicemail to text feature in Google Voice or just the texting?
Thanx
Debonorth

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
what number would be the google numberhow can I find mine?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lanza_david

Reaction score
If I get the Bionic, I hope GV works for me. Everybody calls me and texts me there. I only use my VZ number to call my wife and anybody I know has VZ because I do not use my minutes.

I also replaced VZ voicemail with GV

Works fine on mine. I use it instead of verizon txting. I didn't port my number i just tell everyone to txt me at that number that google gave me and call my verizon number.

Hope this helps
Mike

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

stevo95

Reaction score
works great for me. I was worried when I set it up, it said your carrier does not support google voicemail but it works perfectly

stevo95

Reaction score
works great for me. I was worried when I set it up, it said your carrier does not support google voicemail but it works perfectly

Actually one issue which is nothing to do with the Bionic, google voice takes quite a few rings to transfer to voicemail and it does not appear to be in any way customizable unless someone knows how?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Actually one issue which is nothing to do with the Bionic, google voice takes quite a few rings to transfer to voicemail and it does not appear to be in any way customizable unless someone knows how?

You can set the number of rings through the settings page on gv through your pc.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
On your pc when you look at the gv screen, there should be a shift wheel looking like button that clicking it will give you options for google settings and voice settings, click the voice settings and you will get several tabs. One tab will be for voicemail settings.

n3vqh

Reaction score
{QUOTE=n3vqh;1744973]

Do you use the voicemail to text feature in Google Voice or just the texting?
Thanx
Debonorth

Debornorth,

I only use the txt portion. I don't have anyone call the number or use it to call since it will use your verizon minutes and not be free mobile to mobile. I didn't want to risk going over so I decided to use both number independent of each other.

It should be noted that the txt does not work with photos... but that's ok because I have email for that.

Mike

stevo95

Reaction score
On your pc when you look at the gv screen, there should be a shift wheel looking like button that clicking it will give you options for google settings and voice settings, click the voice settings and you will get several tabs. One tab will be for voicemail settings.

Right but there is no option to change time before transferring to voicemail. Similarly Verizon has a default which they will not change so the call rings 3-4 times on Verizon and then 25s on google voice before going to voicemail. There are some threads on google voice help page which say the same thing & that it is not configurable.

The thumbnail below is my google voice voicemail settings and there is no option for time before transferring that I can see.

Capture.JPG