Google voice on MIUI

qkpony

Reaction score
Did you finish the setup? Make it to ask every time. I use it everyday works good.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

qkpony

Reaction score
I take that back mine is not working
Since new version.

chewy74

Reaction score
go to settings/programs /call settings and make sure third party access is enabled to allow GV to intercept/make calls.

OP
C

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
I have that done with no luck. I think im using 4.22

DROOIID

Reaction score
Did you go into the gv setting and select use gv to make calls? I haven't had a miui build yet that hasn't let me use gv.

chewy74

Reaction score
im using Gv on this build too and no problem

qkpony

Reaction score
Got it working I forgot to enable third party.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to make local calls using google voice on the MIUI rom? I was able to do local calls on other roms (ie; liberty, cm7) but not on this rom. I also saw an IP voice setup in the call settings. I know its for VoIP (i think) but not sure how to set that up....if that what I need to use. Any help/insight would be appreciated :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an odd issue I found the other day when someone asked me about this and I tested it.

For me:

1. Calls initiated by selecting a number from a contact, or via speed dial (stock dialer and third party) work via GV

2. Calls initiated by dialing a number on the dialpad don't work via GV

No idea why, but that was the consistent behavior on my phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Simon,

You need to enable "3rd Party" in "Call Settings" and it will give you some functionality, but like Redflea mentioned, GV isn't completely working with MIUI right now.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
So I found a work around to use GV for making local calls. DL GV callback from the market as well as GV. Then you can choose from making a call from your phone or GV.

Edit: nvm. Didn't work :( guess I'll keep trying. Btw, I do have the 3rd party app enabled.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I found a work around to use GV for making local calls. DL GV callback from the market as well as GV. Then you can choose from making a call from your phone or GV.

Edit: nvm. Didn't work :( guess I'll keep trying. Btw, I do have the 3rd party app enabled.

GV will work for local calls...for now you just have to start those calls by selecting a number from a contact or using speed dial, rather than punching the number in.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I finally got it! Apparently I had to select my phone number from my computer browser, even though it was already showing a phone number. Figures it was something stupid like that.

3club

Reaction score
Got it working I forgot to enable third party.

Strange. My thrd party was enabled and it wasn't working. I had to DISABLE it, and now it's working. ??? I'm cornfused. But happy.