Google voice notifications/refreshing

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I am using google voice for my voicemail instead of verizon. That's the only google voice service I'm using.

Lately my google voice app on my Droid has not been letting me know when I have voicemail.

for example, I'll see that I have a missed call, so I pull up the app, hit refresh, and nothing is there. But when I log on to my computer and check google voice, I do have a new voicemail.

I tried forcing a stop and restarting the app, but that did no good.

Finally, I rebooted the phone, and at that point it finally notified me of my voicemails, one of which was over a day old.

My phone was in my apartment, which gets bad reception - usually one, maybe two bars - but I'm also connected to wifi, which has a good signal.

What do I have to do to make this app stay up to date? It's frustrating missing messages by a day or more.

frostthejack

Reaction score
I suggest ununstalling the reinstalling and running through the entire setup again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

projectrang

Reaction score
Hmm... sometimes mine will take up to 10 min or so to get a voicemail but I don't think its ever taken longer than that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure that sync is enabled in the GV app settings and that you aren't using anything that blocks sync or data usage.

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
Ah, I think that did it. sync was off for some reason. Thanks!